Does Drum Corps Need 23 Shows With Cliche Themes?

What IS that?

One of the 16 renditions of Constantin Brâncuși's "Bird in Space."

Sigh...I guess art appreciation isn't taught in the schools anymore, along with a whole lot of humanities studies about culture. :sad:

Sigh...I guess art appreciation isn't taught in the schools anymore, along with a whole lot of humanities studies about culture. :sad:

I haven't been in school since the Vietnam War and...yeah...I don't remember art appreciation being taught. But then, I never made it past high school. Oh well.

But thanks, Mr. Boo. One reason I've hung out in this forum since season end is for this kind of thing. I learn so much.

• Like 3

Isn't that what the Blue Devils are for?

I actually think a fun corps, say Jersey Surf, should do a program called "Cliche" in 2013. Play whats been played, do whats been done and portray what's been portrayed. Do it over the top with some humor.

If this isn't a joke or sarcasm, perhaps you missed the fact that Surf's entire 2012 show was a cliche: the played what's been played before, and did it with some humor. IMO their show was the most cliched show of the 2012 season

• Like 1

I haven't been in school since the Vietnam War and...yeah...I don't remember art appreciation being taught. But then, I never made it past high school. Oh well.

But thanks, Mr. Boo. One reason I've hung out in this forum since season end is for this kind of thing. I learn so much.

Hopefully, we all learn from the interaction with others, especially when they have different opinions. I think DCP is an extremely valuable tool for all of us to not only be informed, but to be edified and enlightened. I love to see what others are thinking and one reason I love coming back to DCP is this is a community that reminds me I have nothing to be ashamed for loving and breathing drum corps, because in that regard, I'm just like everyone else here.

• Like 1