How can smaller DCI corps survive?

Not trying to get 27Socal to change his story but to determine the "plausibility" of his story. 27Socal made these two statements: 1) "I was told personally *by a top 8 director* last year that the top 8 directors want to pull out of dci"; and 2) "I have no association with any corps. Just a fan reporting the truth". Now he might be telling the truth; I repeat, he might be telling the truth. However, since he will not cite his top 8 director source, and he is not a journalist riding on the credibility of a news reporting institution, which is a more plausible scenario: a) that one of these people (George Hopkins, David Gibbs, Jeff Fiedler, Kevin Smith, Jim Coats, Adolph DeGrauwe, Dan Farrell, Rick Valenzuela, or David Glasgow) actually disclosed an innermost secret of the G7(8) to a mere casual fan; or b) that this is rumor generated by a casual fan. Considering that 27Socal will not cite his source, which is more "plausible", a or b?

Actually, I would pick c) -> that he and his buddy used to complete against the director and were swapping "good ole days" stories for about half an hour while his corps was warming up. He had some stories about my old corps that I had never heard before. And some more modern stories about some of the other elite 8 corps, which I will not share here. So, the conversation was a little more than with a "mere fan". By the way, I'm not sure why this is such a big surprise. The leaving of the G8 has been discussed for at least the last 2 or 3 years. Maybe you thought this was over?

Actually, I would pick c) -> that he and his buddy used to complete against the director and were swapping "good ole days" stories for about half an hour while his corps was warming up. He had some stories about my old corps that I had never heard before. And some more modern stories about some of the other elite 8 corps, which I will not share here. So, the conversation was a little more than with a "mere fan". By the way, I'm not sure why this is such a big surprise. The leaving of the G8 has been discussed for at least the last 2 or 3 years. Maybe you thought this was over?

So all swamping of war stories and things said about the good ole days are true without embellishment or exaggeration? Got it. And you state that the leaving of the G7(8) has been discussed for the last three years. By those "not" in the know with much speculative banter; yes I would agree with that. But show me one place, just one, where it has been mentioned or discussed by a G7(8) director or a G7(8) spokesman. Leaving DCI was not in the G7 proposal draft, it was not written about in any communication by a G7 spokesman; so show me where a person "in the know" wrote about the G7 leaving DCI. Or better yet, just state the director's name and we can get to the bottom of this.

... He had some stories about my old corps...

I have no association with any corps. Just a fan reporting the truth.

Ummmmm... which is it? Do you have an association with a corps or are you just a fan? If we are to believe that a G7 director told you that they want to leave DCI this conflict sort of needs resolution.

Edited by Stu

So all swamping of war stories and things said about the good ole days are true without embellishment or exaggeration? Got it. And you state that the leaving of the G7(8) has been discussed for the last three years. By those "not" in the know with much speculative banter; yes I would agree with that. But show me one place, just one, where it has been mentioned or discussed by a G7(8) director or a G7(8) spokesman. Leaving DCI was not in the G7 proposal draft, it was not written about in any communication by a G7 spokesman; so show me where a person "in the know" wrote about the G7 leaving DCI. Or better yet, just state the director's name and we can get to the bottom of this.

Sorry, not necessary to cite other sources. I got my info directly from the horse's mouth. That's good enough for me. You say you have talked to all of the elite 8 directors? Perhaps you should point blank ask them the question like I did. You might be surprised with the answer you get.

Ummmmm... which is it? Do you have an association with a corps or are you just a fan? If we are to believe that a G7 director told you that they want to leave DCI this conflict sort of needs resolution.

I have marched in the past. I have no current association with any corps. I speak only for myself.

Sorry, not necessary to cite other sources. I got my info directly from the horse's mouth. That's good enough for me. You say you have talked to all of the elite 8 directors? Perhaps you should point blank ask them the question like I did. You might be surprised with the answer you get.

So, you will not cite a report or communication from anyone in the know from any source; nor will you cite the horse's...ummmm... mouth that gave you the info, and you want me to walk up to a top level director and just flat out ask a question which is rather disrespectful. Nice.

So, you will not cite a report or communication from anyone in the know from any source; nor will you cite the horse's...ummmm... mouth that gave you the info, and you want me to walk up to a top level director and just flat out ask a question which is rather disrespectful. Nice.

You said you have talked to all of the directors. It's surprising how friendly they can be. I'm not saying be disrespectful. Just politely ask them the question. They may politely decline to answer or they may give you an answer that may surprise you. It doesn't hurt to talk first about when they marched, to loosen them up a little bit.

Edited by 27Socal

I have marched in the past. I have no current association with any corps. I speak only for myself.

I understand that you speak for yourself; that is one reason why I use a pseudonym here on DCP because I do not want my opinions being taken as endorsed by the current group I am with. But the way you stated that you have no association with "any" corps combined with the statement that you are "just" a fan is rather puzzling; most all corps alumni state in some manner that they are permanently associated with their previous corps, and they never ever refer to themselves as "just" a fan.

Edited by Stu

You said you have talked to all of the directors. It's surprising how friendly they can be. I'm not saying be disrespectful. Just politely ask them the question. They may politely decline to answer or they may give you an answer that may surprise you.

Asking a director if he wants his corps to exit out of DCI is just not a casual question which crops up in a friendly conversation. In fact, it would certainly be taken as a set up loaded question, especially if it came after some friendly chit-chat.