DCI Austin- Welcome to the Rock!

Gotta love Paul McGarr. They really need to train more new judges in DCI and get rid of these old hacks who tank corps that they don't like. Torchia, Czapinski, McGarr, Hinman, Carlson...the whole lot.

Sorry cant let this happen.... Paul McGarr is an amazing educator. Not close to an old hack thank you very much.

• Like 3

Crossmen - I don't get this show. From what I've read on DCP, it's suppose to be similar to "Songs from Planet Earth". However, I'm not a fan of the performance level from this corps. Some weak brass moments and pretty rough guard work. They've added a ton of silhouettes of people to the field, but I didn't understand their purpose. Maybe I missed something? I'll see them again on Saturday in the Alamodome, but I have a feeling that they won't do as well as people hope they will.

Conceptually, the figures represent carbon footprints.

Practically, they have equipment behind them for the guard.

The titles of the songs and the songs themselves also are telling.

The premise of the show is about the fragility of the planet earth. The silhouettes are to represent the carbon foot print of man. Some one mentioned a newer ending from Minnesota. Were they lying down on the field at the end of the show?

Excellent review benjamin!!!

The premise of the show is about the fragility of the planet earth. The silhouettes are to represent the carbon foot print of man. Some one mentioned a newer ending from Minnesota. Were they lying down on the field at the end of the show?

Haven't seen the new ending yet. But someone said the entire cross moves now. The music has changed in Finding and Believing too and they added more screamers.

Great explanation. The guard is also adding a lot to the theme. For example: At one point there is a small section of rifles entering from the front of the field. They are bringing out two rifles each to give them to another member. They use the rifles like legs and walk like giraffes. During the same section, check out the flag patterns: zebra, giraffe and cheetah print.

To clarify about the ending... it has changed only slightly since MN but it was enough for me to notice

Great explanation. The guard is also adding a lot to the theme. For example: At one point there is a small section of rifles entering from the front of the field. They are bringing out two rifles each to give them to another member. They use the rifles like legs and walk like giraffes. During the same section, check out the flag patterns: zebra, giraffe and cheetah print.

To clarify about the ending... it has changed only slightly since MN but it was enough for me to notice

One of the visual techs (my old vis tech) mentioned that the end will eventually have the corps end lying down on the field. Not sure how they will incorporate that ending. should be great

Trooper Alex Lackey is truly looking to make time stand still, I do believe, in keeping with the theme of This Was The Future!