Etiquette

I'm saying this now before this thread explodes into a giant clusterf*ck (which I know it will):

IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH A CORPS, GO DIRECTLY TO THE CORPS. AIRING DIRTY LAUNDRY ON DCP ACCOMPLISHES NOTHING.

very true..contact the director by e mail ..Im sure they would want to know

It does sound pretty bad. Especially the part where they said "we march corps", like they're better than everyone else. In my opinion, they deserve to be embarrassed about that. Obviously the corps didn't get "the talk" about being classy. Either that, or those members just didn't care.

• Like 3

It does sound pretty bad. Especially the part where they said "we march corps", like they're better than everyone else. In my opinion, they deserve to be embarrassed about that. Obviously the corps didn't get "the talk" about being classy. Either that, or those members just didn't care.

Also, I'm not just pointing out corps members, but the random adults as well who may have just been fans in general, who were rude and considerate by getting up and leaving or coming in during performances.

Edited by mojo67

I remember when I used to tell people how great drum corps is because NO ONE EVER would BOO! No matter what! I used to think that drum corps people were the most polite people on the planet.

So please go back to your sporting events and boo there!

Splurge guns....

That is all.

• Like 1

Someone yelled to buy tickets, again rude parents from the Troopers made the comment, "They have tickets" which was obviously a blatant lie as no one knew where anyone was sitting.

I assume you needed a ticket to get in to the dome?

Is it not possible they were just lost?

I agree with the entering/leaving/standing up during shows.... those folk should be hung drawn & quartered!

• Like 1

While last night was an overall wonderful experience, I have to say there was a vast amount of rudeness experienced in the upper level by so called "fans and corps members" who showed utter disregard and disrespect for their corp members and the people who actually paid a great deal of money to have a seat to watch the show.

The number of people who walked in and out the stands DURING performances was absolutely horrifying. As the Boston Crusaders were taking the field and Dan Potter was announcing them, a group of approximately 10 Trooper members were standing on the steps looking dumbfounded and not knowing what to do. A comment was made for them to PLEASE sit down as a corps is taking the field. No one apparently had a ticket as the kids shouted "we march corps"....Well that is great, but treat others as you want to be treated. Maybe if the Troopers watched the 17 corps ahead of them they could learn a thing or two. Someone yelled to buy tickets, again rude parents from the Troopers made the comment, "They have tickets" which was obviously a blatant lie as no one knew where anyone was sitting.

They did have tickets...every corps member gets a wristband at regionals that lets them in.

Also, I'm not just pointing out corps members, but the random adults as well who may have just been fans in general, who were rude and inconsiderate by getting up and leaving or coming in during performances.

The G7 and BOD have been pushing to bring a new caliber of fans (band moms and dads and band kids) .. well .. now you've got it.

• Like 9