Your DCI wishes for 2013

The Cavies come back STRONG.

At least two drum lines decide not to do the same old choreography during their solo.

The Blue Devils have a show that appeals to most posters on DCP- thus less B**ching and less similar threads.

Carolina Crown comes out to California to start their tour.

The Troopers finish in a solid and well-respected 9th place finish at finals.

Bones makes his appearance again at finals- bringing back tradition to the Crossmen.

I go to two shows that I've never been to in the past.

At those two shows I meet some fans afterwards in the hotel lobby and we drink beer and discuss the show.

Every corps has a HUGE success financially.

Edited by Cavies92FTW
  • Like 1

I see your wishes and raise you:

No rain outs/more dome shows

No corps folding

Better attendance

A massive run by any or all of the traditionally #15-#20 corps

More corps out west

More shows out west even later in the season

and oh yea, ALL of the prelims on Big, Loud, Live

Edited by CLD
  • Like 1

I agree on the "dancing drumline" - Less Please!

FAR Less "Body Movement" - as in none.

Please every corps leave the synths at home. For the most part they don't enhance - they just #### up the show.

More flags and rifles - lots more - FAR less group dance from the guard. Guess what - It doesn't enhance the show nearly as much as flags and rifles!

More cymbal lines!

Outlaw voice-overs completely - this year there are two big ones that only make me cringe and make it hard to appreciate what the kids are doing on the field.

No more "INT" jokes :tongue:

• Like 2

Less complaining about EVERYTHING here on DCP.

SCV back in the Top 3

Crossmen back in Finals

Troopers and Colts get competitive again

Academy makes Finals

Less pointless body movement

More insight into the judging criteria, and why the judges give the scores they do.

More cymbal lines. Such a cool effect, that is so neglected.

No corps folding. That's the big one.

That I have enough money to donate to multiple struggling corps, and sponsor a couple of new marching members.

Edited by fsubone
  • Like 2

I wish that all 4 corps that either folded or decided not to go to finals this year, can all come back strong. I also hope that Racine Scouts can get more members, 60 would be nice.

I also wish we could add a few more corps for next years prelims, whether it be corps that currently tour but don't do finals week, or new corps.

I wish we could see a new corps or 2 in the top 12. Someone like Pacific Crest, or Academy.

I wish BD would do a program similar to 1994 or 2000, one that totally blew my socks off.

I wish Crossmen could make finals again, although it could still happen this year.

For the season to have as much excitement and things to discuss as this season does!

• Like 4

Open Class sees more promotion and people pack the stands to watch them. Phantom kills someone during a show. There must be one feel good corps out there per season. I want Brandt Crocker to announce my life for one day.