Pittsburgh Pit Stop

well i turned my cell phone into a mobile hotspot while at band camp in the middle of nowhere and it takes like 5 minutes to load a page so i wont be checking recaps anytime soon :tongue:

I only read recaps on my cell phone if I want to go cross-eyed. LOL! I wish DCI would publish a recaps mobile version.

Spirit peaked to early. Good to see a jump by Madison. I think they can finish in 7th.

I hope you are right...but I hate to say, the judges will do everything in their power to keep Madison out of the TOC. They will wind up behind the Cavaliers and Boston...that is my sad prediction. At quarter finals, they play before intermission. Not a good spot. I think the judges will put them in 9th. How sad is that? They don't look or sound like a 9th place corps, IMO. More like 6th or 7th. Judges just don't like them. And don't tell me it is their execution...what other corps could do that rotating front as well as them? There are corps above them that are not executing their shows as well as them. It is all political crap. For one, I'm sick to death of these #### biases by the judges. We need to write to DCI instead of wasting our time expressing our opinions on this forum. Unfortunately, the DCI folks probably never even bother to read this stuff.

I hope you are right...but I hate to say, the judges will do everything in their power to keep Madison out of the TOC. They will wind up behind the Cavaliers and Boston...that is my sad prediction. At quarter finals, they play before intermission. Not a good spot. I think the judges will put them in 9th. How sad is that? They don't look or sound like a 9th place corps, IMO. More like 6th or 7th. Judges just don't like them. And don't tell me it is their execution...what other corps could do that rotating front as well as them? There are corps above them that are not executing their shows as well as them. It is all political crap. For one, I'm sick to death of these #### biases by the judges. We need to write to DCI instead of wasting our time expressing our opinions on this forum. Unfortunately, the DCI folks probably never even bother to read this stuff.

Heard it all before. You're right. Please write to DCI instead of expressing your opinions on this forum.

Don't you think DCI would LOVE Madison in the Tournament of Champions? A great Madison corps is great for DCI.

But go on believing that Madison is being dumped by the judges. It's always easier to go through life believing that you're getting screwed rather than taking a look at yourself and moving on - or being at peace with what you can do while rejoicing in what others can do.

I can guarantee you this - the Madison Scouts aren't on the buses whining about how they're being stiffed by the judges. They can't wait to blow the house down in Indy. I suggest you enjoy it and lose the bitterness. Especially because there's no reason to be bitter.

Edited by mfrontz
  • Like 3

If there is one corps that gets the MOST recognition these days it is Madison, they get standing Os EVERY FREAKING time and are probably one of if not THE Most loved corps this year and the last three. IS that not enough for you? Do the scores matter more than that, because in your posts how much BS the scores are ALWAYS seems to come before ANY talk about how they performed or how the crowd loved them? But has it EVER crossed your mind that Boston and Cavies MIGHT just be better? Their show designs might now be as good (in your opinion), but that's not ALL that matters, sure you need to be engaging, but that's not ALL of it. People like Cavies AND Boston too, they both got standing Os in San Antonio, and both have VERY loyal fans and they don't get all bent out of shape when either of them ended up in 9th, NONE of their fans threw a fit whenever they placed ninth this season, MAYBE because they have some class! We get that you love Madison and you want them to do well, but there are the same kinds of kids in the Cavaliers and Boston! Doing what they love! I know someone in Boston's pit who's having the time of his life! I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate what you're saying at all. I don't throw a hissy every time my favorite corps gets a low ball score or places where I don't think they should, so why do you? GET OVER IT.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 3

Interesting year.

I want to give a shout out to the parents who sit on the computer waiting for any news of what their child is doing on the field. I'm so sorry to the Colts parents, I know you are disappointed. Believe me I do know how you're feeling. :unhappy:

Sorry. Tried to post my picture on here, but fell asleep at the computer this morning. Not good. Hard to watch three corps show in a row and leave for work right now :doh:

Yeah, too a bunch of (bad) shots on my twitter last night.

Oh well.

Congratulations Blue Stars! :thumbup:

Of course, I'm hoping that will give Spirit of Atlanta just the incentive they need to push even harder this week.

Hey, it seemed to work last year. At the last show before Indy in 2011, Glassmen beat Spirit by .85, and Academy beat Spirit by .15, after being 1.6 and 2.2 points behind Spirit, respectively, at Allentown.

And we all know what happened when they got to Indy – at Prelims, Spirit beat Glassmen by 2.55 points and Academy by 3.4 points. And at Semifinals, Spirit beat Glassmen by 3.15 points and Academy by 3.9 points.