Fan Network

...so, anyone know the skinny on what's up with Fan Network? Latest vid is Atlanta...shouldn't some of Allentown be up?

...so, anyone know the skinny on what's up with Fan Network? Latest vid is Atlanta...shouldn't some of Allentown be up?

Yeah, not a big fan of how inefficient they are with posting lately. I know it takes time to render the video, transfer it to FN, then render it for multiple platforms and get it up and running. HOWEVER...48 hours later and still not up? Unacceptable. People like myself pay good money for the service, and 24 hours seems to be a reasonable amount of time to get it posted. Atlanta was over a week ago, and they still haven't broken down the webcast to individual videos. Whoever is asleep at the switch over there needs a wakeup call!

I agree.

The sad part is that with a full time job and summer school finals, I can probably cull the video from the feed of Atlanta they have up now, edit the video for each corps, and upload to youtube in a less than a days work.

If I could make ANY guess as to what the hold up is, it's: 1. They have a limited bandwidth from their ISP at their current location assuming they are always mobile or 2. The host of DCI's FanNetwork is crappy.

Also note that DCI just lowered the Fan Network subscription rate to $40. For anyone who has not subscribed to Fan Network yet this year but wants to see semifinals live... the cost for that is $29.95... but for just an additional $10.05, you can access that plus continue to enjoy semi-finals and video-on-demand of at least a high-cam version of all of the live broadcasts from this summer plus all the old finals videos going back to the 1970s, from now until May 2013... a pound-the-table steal. You can also bundle it with a DVD or Blu-Ray order for 2012 finals.

http://dci.thefannetwork.org/

A reminder also that Thursday prelims are free to all (subscribers and nonsubscribers) on Fan Network until the top 15 start, and that Saturday score announcements are free to all as well.

• Like 3

THeres a group of people that will say :Stop your whining, stop your complaining, etc, etc, etc.....well, When you spend close to and over $100 for a streaming video service, you can kinda complain.....Its ridiculous that its Monday after Allentown, and the product described that was offered and was set to happen at a certain time, as a buying point for a service, is not available....no need for "Theyre doing the best they can" They know what this service entails, and theres no disclaimer when we are paying our 100+ dollars for said service.

Get it together, or dont offer the service, or have discalimers, or lower the price.

G

THeres a group of people that will say :Stop your whining, stop your complaining, etc, etc, etc.....well, When you spend close to and over $100 for a streaming video service, you can kinda complain.....Its ridiculous that its Monday after Allentown, and the product described that was offered and was set to happen at a certain time, as a buying point for a service, is not available....no need for "Theyre doing the best they can" They know what this service entails, and theres no disclaimer when we are paying our 100+ dollars for said service.

Get it together, or dont offer the service, or have discalimers, or lower the price.

G

The price was $65 all summer - and just got lowered to $40. I do not consider $65 close to $100.

Just saying.

• Like 1