Favorite Moments 2012

The epitome of awkward, un-informed, un-trained brass writing we hear too often.

spitting.gif

That was pretty much my reaction at this line, but I didn't have a drink, so I settled for a snort and a short laugh. Especially towards uninformed and untrained, but even at awkward considering the man doing the arranging. I'm pretty sure Mr. Bocook knows exactly what he's doing, or else he wouldn't have as successful of a career as he's had, both as an arranger and a composer.

spitting.gif

That was pretty much my reaction at this line, but I didn't have a drink, so I settled for a snort and a short laugh. Especially towards uninformed and untrained, but even at awkward considering the man doing the arranging. I'm pretty sure Mr. Bocook knows exactly what he's doing, or else he wouldn't have as successful of a career as he's had, both as an arranger and a composer.

yeah, I think that comment wasnt authentic (meaning it was a troll comment)... someone seriously could not be this ignorant. I wonder what this same guy thinks of Corea, Hancock, Davis, Ellington, Bartok?

Bocook may be formulized at times, but this formula works and produces an emotional response from audiences that is just brilliant... he is like the protege of Jim Prime, Jr. as his Bocook's arranging reminds me of his.

Cavaliers During their new ending

Blue Devils music in the opener after the mob sequence

Cadets jingle bells pit feature run

Crown them runs!!

Phantom, the fanciful drill set pictures! And the guard in red and the corps in white is visually the best colors on the field

How can one's opinion and reflection be wrong?

They cant, you say?

Right, that's the point.

An opinion is, "Man I really like the volume of a full G bugle line over Bb horns".

A fallacy is "600 Bb horns cannot match the volume level of 70 G Bugles"

That's not an opinion....that's just ....well dumb

Speaking of the Blue Devils, if I were ADD, I'd be out of my mind in that show. :cool:

I am ADD and I am out of my mind in that show. Thanks for putting into words the way I am

feeling :)

The opening hit in Crossmens show.... That screamers got some cajones!!:)

BKs closing drill sequence and the spaceship in the opener sans the effects. Double tounguing brass feature.

Spirits integration of voices- place your bets, I'm all in, welcome to Vegas... The music intertwined is genius.

Surf- Horse play with William Tell and well the rest of the show!

Madisons singing, closer and the malguena arranging

Boston- Pines- Never thought after Star I'd like another version... But oh yeah

SCV- Creative arranging of Mars and Jupiter- My favorite music book of the summer!

Bluecoats- Masquerade and the ballad esp the high Mello partial yumm...

Cadets- jingle Bells to Do you hear- best transition this summer

Phantom Nessun Dorma nough said

Crown- THE WHOLE THING- MASTERPIECE AND A CRYING SHAME IF IT DOESN'T WIN!!

BD- Bird and Bella- awesome arrangement... Love 91 BD so it was easy to like