DCI's Unofficial 30 Under 30

There's been much debate here about the relevancy of Drum Corps in today's generation, so my question is this – who are the folks making a name for themselves in the activity today?

Obviously, the greats won't be working forever (e.g. Michael Gaines' break this year), so let's use this forum to recognize the next batch of folks to look out for in design, music, brass, percussion and guard.

Here's how it goes:

– Name

– Age

– Current corps where they're working or any other relevant job (DCI Headquarters, music composer, etc.)

– 2 or 3 sentences on why you think they will be or currently are a big deal

"These are the people who aren't waiting to reinvent the world. FORBES, leaning on the wisdom of its readers and the greatest minds in business, presents the 30 disrupters under 30, in each of 12 fields, making a difference right now." – Forbes Magazine's 30 under 30 list

Note: So maybe I took the 30 under 30 a bit literal from other magazines (I just like the way it sounds, ok? :tongue: ) but yes, feel free to mention who you think will be the next generation of hall of famers, regardless of age.

Edited by iCanHazDcp

There are also lots of older folk who haven't been recognized yet. I'm thinking of Steve Rondinaro and Tom Blair. And more recently, Dan Potter.

He's over 30 now, but Pete Weber should be included. How about Dave Glyde?

Edited by Michael Boo
  • Like 1

and Doug thrower

• Like 4

This is an awesome question

I don’t really know the names that are not yet names – a few corps seem to really be delivering but I don’t know who is responsible or their age

if you throw out a name, tell what they do and where they are at... I’d love for them to get some credit or at least check it out

There are also lots of older folk who haven't been recognized yet. I'm thinking of Steve Rondinaro and Tom Blair. And more recently, Dan Potter.

He's over 30 now, but Pete Weber should be included. How about Dave Glyde?

These folks should be in the HOF!!

Under 30? No one. That's too severe a limit.

Of the "next generation" I'll start with...

Matt Harloff (late 30s) - Brass Caption Supervisor/Instructor, Carolina Crown

Mike MacIntosh (early 40s) - Percussion Arranger, Cavaliers

J.D. Shaw (early 40s) - Brass Arranger, Santa Clara Vanguard

First three that came to mind today.

Amongst the others previously mentioned in this thread, I will also petition the "veterans committee" to look at Gordon Henderson and Chuck Naffier for HOF enshrinement.

• Like 1