Boil water advisory

Jersey Surf has been hit with a boil water advisory. This means that they need bottled water for the corps for the duration of the tour. Please go to their website or Facebook page to help them defray this cost. It is $1000.00 PER DAY! Please share the love.

They really should be found another housing site ASAP. Or at least share one with another group. Marching in d2 it was not that uncommon to share a housing site.

They really should be found another housing site ASAP. Or at least share one with another group. Marching in d2 it was not that uncommon to share a housing site.

Doesn't DCI pick the housing sites? Coming up with an alternate last minute housing site is a monumental challenge.

Doesn't DCI pick the housing sites? Coming up with an alternate last minute housing site is a monumental challenge.

The show coordinater does, and in the case of finals, you are correct, it is DCI. Bluecoats found an alternate housing site last year when they arrived on a Wednesday or Thursday. They were at a new school by finals, but I believe it was a corps who was done competing. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

It would be tough, but $1000 a day is a LOT. It's not right.

The town of Brazil is hoping to lift the boil order this afternoon. Here's hoping.

That being said, I watched rehearsal and run-through last night. The kids are doing great!

• Like 1

Why in the world don't food trucks install something like this on the truck ? Even when there's NOT a published boil water alert, it seems to me that corps are very vulnerable to questionable water quality as they travel across the country. Sure there's a cost involved but it's pretty small in terms of a corps budget and would greatly enhance the quality and safety of water at *every* housing site.

Edited by corpsband

Maybe Surf could incorporate a joke about this into the DM's preshow phone call.

Just arrived in Indy. Thank you for all your comments and care for the corps. Wishing everyone competing a fabulous run! I hope the water situation is resolved soon. Thank you for keeping this on page one!!!