Yesterday's Scores

I thought they really raised their performance level last night. I disagreed with the score, but I'm not a judge. The show is entertaining. I think it's a step in the right direction for a corps that's trying to build and retain talent. If they continue this path we'll all be wearing Surf shirts be playing the remember when game before too long.

"Remember when Jersey Surf played Bridgemania? I hope they place top 6 this year."

• Like 1

Cavies should make sure that all the judges yesterday are on their Christmas card list, Blue Knights should be showering the judges with thank you gifts. We'll have to see what today brings.

Perhaps the gift that keeps on giving ?

• Like 1

This shows the state of the activity - The fans are wanting something. Could it possibly be a little entertainment?

I'm a fan ... and I love the current "state of the activity". I love that I can watch an awesome tribute show like Surf's, a dark and difficult take on the Rite of Spring from The Academy, innovative drill design by the Blue Knights, awesome impact moments from The Scouts, beautiful emotional classical music from Boston and Phantom, heart-wrenching themes from Bluecoats, amazing brass runs from Crown, edgy boundary-pushing creativity from BD, and (my favorite) an amazing show from SCV.

I guess I am an outlier. I don't see anything wrong with the "state of the activity." Should we be going back to the days where everyone marched symmetrical drill and played show tunes?

• Like 3

Can the older drum corps fans just get their heads out of their...hats...and realize that there are more than 50-year-old drum corps vets in the audience? I love the Bridgemen, but I dont like Surf. My college marching band played better than them. Big respect to them for paying tribute to an older corps, but put something that will effect the high-school-age kids coming to see the show. Something to wow them, not stuff that they see at the weekend football game.

And "liking a show" is not cause for a gold medal any more than Justin Bieber getting into the Rock 'N' Roll Hall of Fame. Sure, a lot of people like some things, but it doesn't mean it's the best, or even good.

• Like 2

Can the older drum corps fans just get their heads out of their...hats...and realize that there are more than 50-year-old drum corps vets in the audience? I love the Bridgemen, but I dont like Surf. My college marching band played better than them. Big respect to them for paying tribute to an older corps, but put something that will effect the high-school-age kids coming to see the show. Something to wow them, not stuff that they see at the weekend football game.

And "liking a show" is not cause for a gold medal any more than Justin Bieber getting into the Rock 'N' Roll Hall of Fame. Sure, a lot of people like some things, but it doesn't mean it's the best, or even good.

All I will say to this mess is that I saw a lot more than just "50 year old vets" going ape-#### for Surf in Allentown. And I saw plenty of high school aged kids all summer that were wowed by this show (I have a couple of my own). By the way, I don't see anywhere that anyone said Surf should get the gold medal.

Of course, you also hate Crown, so whatever.

Edited by OrlandoContraAlum
  • Like 1

I'm a fan ... and I love the current "state of the activity". I love that I can watch an awesome tribute show like Surf's, a dark and difficult take on the Rite of Spring from The Academy, innovative drill design by the Blue Knights, awesome impact moments from The Scouts, beautiful emotional classical music from Boston and Phantom, heart-wrenching themes from Bluecoats, amazing brass runs from Crown, edgy boundary-pushing creativity from BD, and (my favorite) an amazing show from SCV.

I guess I am an outlier. I don't see anything wrong with the "state of the activity." Should we be going back to the days where everyone marched symmetrical drill and played show tunes?

Good god I wish there weren't a limit on green +s.