2013 Predictions

1. Cadets - They're playing it smart this year, but not necessarily safe. THIS leads to victories.

2. BD - Always a powerhouse.

3. Phantom - Even a small fix in percussion can push them up a bunch of points.

4. Crown - Still having trouble with the show design, so they could easily be higher. No changes in the front ensemble kind of frighten me, as well as the same guard staff (right?).

5. SCV - Always a solid corps. Just needs to solidify its ensemble moments.

6. Boston - More and more solid every year.

7. Cavaliers - They still got it. Just a trip and fall last year.

8. Madison Scouts - Still figuring out the percussion sections after Thom Hannum left.

9. Blue Knights - Always pretty well-rounded.

10. Crossmen - Yeah, I'll say it. Get 'em, Bones!

11. Spirit - Another well-rounded corps.

12. Blue Stars - They just need to work smarter, not harder.

EDIT: Forgot Bluecoats. Put them in 6th, I guess.

Edited by JamMan
  • Like 1

My 2013 prediction:

Boston returns to 5th place.

And, I HAVE heard them in person, just one week ago.

This would be cool, I'd love for a new face in the top 6! Ever since 2010, it seems like they get a little more solid every year, last year they were CLEAN, if the show is what I've heard rumors about it being, I think they could definitely make the rise to the top 6.

I'll give an updated prediction based on some recent announcements:

1) Blue Devils - I just do not see how they could fall, if they're doing the Rite of Spring "Primitivism" show that something came up about, I think they'll kill it next year (that's in a good way).

2) If anyone is going to stop the Blue Devils, it will be Crown. The recent addition to their underrated percussion staff (in my opinion) makes me hopeful that the drum scores will shoot up.

3/4/5/6) The Cadets/Vanguard/Phantom Regiment/Bluecoats - This will be an entertaining battle I believe. Cadets show sounds like a medaler, something that's not tacky and that can be really cool. Vanguard's doing what I'm sure is to be a classic show. More years with that staff will only do good things. Phantom is going to have a beautiful show, if the percussion scores go up, so will their placement, I'm just hoping it's not too similar to 2011 and 2012, which is what immediately popped into my mind with the announcement. I've read that the vet retention rate is VERY VERY high at Bluecoats this year, depending on the show design, I could see them pull another 2010 with that talent it sounds like they have.

7) Boston Crusaders - Every year since 2010, it seems like their shows get just a LITTLE more challenging and mature in terms of show design, I don't see them falling anytime soon.

8) Madison Scouts - BIG anniversary show, I think their guard and drums were underscored last year in the end, so like Crown and Phantom, I think if those get fixed, they're set.

9) Cavaliers - I dunno. It just doesn't seem like a lot of additions were made in the off season, Madison is once again going to be hot and Boston isn't going anywhere, which they've proved by consistently moving up the last few years. This is my oddball that I don't know what to do with.

10) Blue Stars - Their complete staff overall will have them more than back in finals, depending on what they corps ahead of them do, maybe higher? This show is going to be intense beginning to end, that I know.

11) Crossmen - With the number of people that have showed up at their camps and the great staff they have, I think they'll stay in for sure, this will be a really fun show!

12) Spirit - They are keeping to their recent style, which obviously works for them. Is it enough to move them up? I dunno, will be a blast though, I'm sure.

Sorry BK, some BIG staff left which worries me. I hope I'm wrong.

I've watched more and more people pick the demise of BK for this next year, although that happens every year:) Actually word from camps is that the staff and members are locked in! In fact I also know some vets came back from 2 years ago. There is a very strong unity and excitement level is very high! I have a feeling BK will be moving up, not down! Sully will do great things with Colts, but with Bocook, Hardiman, Toth and new additions this corps will be rocking! I'm like a proud papa as one of my former students is Horn Seargant and when all the dust settles 8 current or former students could be marching BK:)

Wes P

• Like 1

My 2013 prediction:

Boston returns to 5th place.

And, I HAVE heard them in person, just one week ago.

Craiga.... did you just take " the fifth " or did you just spill the ( Boston ) beans ? (... haha )

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Good catch, I did indeed put Blue Stars twice (it has now been corrected). I do have BK in 13th and missing finals by one, however.

I thought thats probably what you meant to say, and thanks for chiming in to clarify.

1. Cadets - They're playing it smart this year, but not necessarily safe. THIS leads to victories.

2. BD - Always a powerhouse.

3. Phantom - Even a small fix in percussion can push them up a bunch of points.

4. Crown - Still having trouble with the show design, so they could easily be higher. No changes in the front ensemble kind of frighten me, as well as the same guard staff (right?).

5. SCV - Always a solid corps. Just needs to solidify its ensemble moments.

6. Boston - More and more solid every year.

7. Cavaliers - They still got it. Just a trip and fall last year.

8. Madison Scouts - Still figuring out the percussion sections after Thom Hannum left.

9. Blue Knights - Always pretty well-rounded.

10. Crossmen - Yeah, I'll say it. Get 'em, Bones!

11. Spirit - Another well-rounded corps.

12. Blue Stars - They just need to work smarter, not harder.

I'll guess that you just forgot the Bluecoats here. It happens.

I always forget a corps in the Top 12. I forgot Phantom last year :/

Don't concern yourself with it. My prediction is that before too long somebody else will forget a Corps in their prediction too ( and I'm hoping its neither you nor me, next time... haha )