Madison Scouts 2013

I saw Madison and Cavaliers at DOP. I definitely felt Madison were much cleaner and had a better show at that time, but left the show kind of knowing Cavies had much more to work with. Look at percussion and visual scores, therein lies the story.

I have to disagree with that. There is no way that the cavaliers' drum line has more to work with than scouts! Scouts' drum line play a lot of difficult stuff and move at the same time. Again it is all monetarily and politically motivated. First thing that had to happen is this G7 Crap has to be broken up to make fair competition again. Otherwise, it will be the same 7 group of corps in the top seven year after year.

I have to disagree with that. There is no way that the cavaliers' drum line has more to work with than scouts! Scouts' drum line play a lot of difficult stuff and move at the same time. Again it is all monetarily and politically motivated. First thing that had to happen is this G7 Crap has to be broken up to make fair competition again. Otherwise, it will be the same 7 group of corps in the top seven year after year.

I agree. Scouts got a totally ridiculous score last night. I'm so sick to death of DCI and this G7 thing. I can hardly stand to support it anymore. It is unethical. Period, the end. What is this mentality about "paying dues". I've seen comments out here under another topic about how the Scouts were 15th a few years ago, and that they should be glad that they are where they are in the standings. That is a bunch of B.S. A corps shouldn't be judged on where they were in the standings in the past. They should be judged on how well they perform on the field at the time of the judging. The judging is so predictible and so transparent. Order of appearance...same thing...It is B.S. Scouts were at a disadvantage last night to begin with. DCI tries to make it look fair by this drawing straw stuff for the different groupings...but that is anything but fair. If they want to draw straws, then it should be totally random, and the groups of 3 thing should be eliminated.

• Like 1

I agree. Scouts got a totally ridiculous score last night. I'm so sick to death of DCI and this G7 thing. I can hardly stand to support it anymore. It is unethical. Period, the end. What is this mentality about "paying dues". I've seen comments out here under another topic about how the Scouts were 15th a few years ago, and that they should be glad that they are where they are in the standings. That is a bunch of B.S. A corps shouldn't be judged on where they were in the standings in the past. They should be judged on how well they perform on the field at the time of the judging. The judging is so predictible and so transparent. Order of appearance...same thing...It is B.S. Scouts were at a disadvantage last night to begin with. DCI tries to make it look fair by this drawing straw stuff for the different groupings...but that is anything but fair. If they want to draw straws, then it should be totally random, and the groups of 3 thing should be eliminated.

Completely agree about performance order. If you have been beating a certain corps throughout the year, then you should have earned the right to go on after them. I have always hated how DCI puts them in groups, then "supposedly" pulls names out of a hat. Interesting it seems the Scouts always get drawn to go on first. This has to end. It's ridiculous and really penalizes prior winning. One thing no one is talking about this morning is how close Madison is to Bloo. Get it Madison!

• Like 2

Completely agree about performance order. If you have been beating a certain corps throughout the year, then you should have earned the right to go on after them. I have always hated how DCI puts them in groups, then "supposedly" pulls names out of a hat. Interesting it seems the Scouts always get drawn to go on first. This has to end. It's ridiculous and really penalizes prior winning. One thing no one is talking about this morning is how close Madison is to Bloo. Get it Madison!

I'm a bit discouraged after last night, but I never give up on my Scouts. I'm hoping that they have a fabulous show tonight, and have judges judging them who aren't brain dead.

• Like 1

I too know and can sing the words to "Kumbaya" and "We Are The World" while wearing my rose colored glasses!...Now back to planet earth Bill. My comments had nothing to do with doubting or questioning the wonderful world that is supposedly the Madison Scouts (I think I hear angels singing). I simply stated that I disagree with the illogical "draw" process that DCI has incorporated...Especially if you've worked your collective arses off to climb out of a very deep and protracted hole. It's called being rewarded for accomplishment! And my role...It's called expression of opinion. Bill, I'm quite cheerful...As a matter of fact, never better! But how you turned the corner and made the leap to la-la land propagandaville when it wasn’t necessary is quite interesting.

P.S...To have a beef with "less than cheery Jerry", you would have more appropriately responded in kind to something like this..."Hey Bill, how come the Scouts only improved by .2 from their last show? What the frick is up with that? I thought you said they made all sorts of blow my mind changes and now the Cavies as of tonight in Houston are like only .2 away from the Scouts! What the frick is up with that? I guess the changes must have sucked because I see that some of the visual scores tonight were like in 5th for the Scouts! What the holy frick is up with that??? The Scouts are doomed"!

There you go Bill...Your beautiful words belonged in response to an example of the aforementioned, not my comments pertaining to competition draw.

No rose colored glasses here Brother. Do I like our draw, NO it s..ks ! I just try to make lemon-aid out of lemons. I made my comments to you in a tongue and cheek manner. I respect your opinon on this matter and have the same on this subject. I just choose to show my anger differantly . At the end of the storm there's a golden sky and the sweet silver song of a lark.

• Like 1

I think you should be happy that Madison is even competing in the top 8 again. Not so long ago they were a non-finalist. I understand the frustration but I hope you still enjoy the show regardless of who is beating who.

No frustration here for the reason(s) you've given...Sadly, it's quite obvious you didn’t read anything I said, because if you had followed the bouncing ball, you would have EASILY determined that I simply voiced my opinion about DCI's "draw" process...Nothing more nothing less. How you extrapolated such things as "frustration in regards to placement" is simply amazing.

The only thing suspect to me about them being so close to bloo and possibly not catching them is that bloo is a part of the so called "G7".

Krist Mad75, maybe read and study the FRICKIN' recaps and see why Cavies are closing the gap on Scouts! From the beginning,

I and many others predicted that Cavies would eventually pass Madison because they have more content and demand in their show - it's only a matter of cleaning that monster. Is Madison more entertaining? By far! But entertaining is NOT on the sheets.

And like Hidden Monster suggested - Maybe you could enjoy how far Madison has some in a few VERY short years in a VERY competitive field! By the way, did you notice how close they are to Bluecoats at tonight's show? Could you maybe

enjoy that a little if it's that important? But nah, you seem to think they are entitled to another title (or at least a top 5 finish right away....and by the way, you do realize that if they win, you get nothing? YOU don't get another ring. You barely get bragging rights!

WOW! And here I thought your compadre; "Hidden Monster" was off the rails in his/her ability to comprehend what I actually wrote. But, you my friend need professional help...Strike that, you need a team of experts to quickly come to your aid. Your delusional rant and expressions of anger and hate are quite evident and deeply troubling. How you found yourself in the very deep weeds with your vile comments after I shared my opinion on DCI's "draw" system is astounding. I can only conclude several things...Either you skipped English Composition and said forget that nonsense in reading the Classics...OR, before you read my comments, you took a hit from the crack pipe in combination with multiple white russians, and vwala!, the delusional angry red eyed hater in you came to the surface! Whatever the problem(s), yours is a perfect example of why secret experimentation and high level clinical study should never be abandoned. P.S...For self-analysis and sterile white room quite time, go back and read what I wrote. Then, pause for reflection after you've read each word very carefully...Hopefully you'll come to a much different conclusion. If not, press the red button for the day nurse.

• Like 2