Madison Scouts 2013

Let them have their little club so they can pat each other on the back. It's whatever. Makes them feel important.

Does anyone have the chant (sorry - can't think of the right word) they were saying as they were coming on the field. I heard a lot of left, left, left right left. I think I heard "we were born wearing green" and I'm sure I heard "we're here to entertain". People were clapping so much we missed the words.

Not sure I have this exactly right, and I know there's recordings on many cell phones, but this is pretty close to what we heard. With each line, someone "called the cadence", and the rest of the corps answered.

My grandad was a Madison Scout.

He was born to wear green.

I was born a Madison Scout,

And I love to play real loud.

We are all Madison Scouts,

And we love to entertain.

Arm Swing!

Head Chopper!

Loud, proud! Loud, Proud!

75 years entertaining the crowd!

Fall out!!

When was the last time the Scouts broke 90?

I know 2010 they peaked around 89, have they been any closer since?

Will they do it this year?

When was the last time the Scouts broke 90?

I know 2010 they peaked around 89, have they been any closer since?

Will they do it this year?

I think the last time they broke 90 was in 2005 with their Carmen show (GREAT show IMO). And no, 2010 was the closest they've come to 90 since 2005.

I think the last time they broke 90 was in 2005 with their Carmen show (GREAT show IMO). And no, 2010 was the closest they've come to 90 since 2005.

My all-time favorite Scouts show, since I first saw them in 1970.

• Like 1

I guess the Tour of Champions doesn't include all of the champions. Um, now that I think about it, some have never won that are part of the TOC.

TOC in nothing more than a mutual appreciation club that needs to change its name to something appropriately reflecting who they are and/or mission.

• Like 1

Honestly I don't know if Madison cares to be a part of their little "society/club ".

• Like 1

Just wanted to give some props to my second favorite corps of the 2013 season. (you can guess my favorite, I think. :smile: ) Thank you, 2013 Madison Scouts for a show I will want to watch over and over again for years to come!!!

• Like 7

Just wanted to give some props to my second favorite corps of the 2013 season. (you can guess my favorite, I think. :smile:/> ) Thank you, 2013 Madison Scouts for a show I will want to watch over and over again for years to come!!!

Troop was the first corps to give me chills at drums on parade this year and they even performed after a corps I was a member of. Hopefully that staff they've assembled will do amazing things for Troop like most if them have done with the Scouts!

• Like 1