Madison Scouts 2013

I can only hope you're right concerning this year’s show and its potential of going down in the Madison Scout history books as one of the "greats". My concern though, as I've mentioned previously and as I believe you have so aptly pointed out...I'm consistently told that though the show has it great moments, it lacks the difficulty and design of the top tier corps. Again, if this is the case, I ask why? Especially after being told that this was the exact concern and disappointment from the last several seasons, I.E, "we wish that we would have given the men more to work with". This should not be! We all know that it takes the miraculous, destiny and a whole lot of crazy things to happen 3 weeks out from the championship to accomplish major upward movement in score. Unless Jim and gang have something Herculean up the sleeve, I fully expect the Cavies to surpass the Scouts in their next meeting. It would seem that the name of the game now days is to give your corps a "substantial" product right out of the gate with expected substantial additions and re-writes. You also have to have a belief system that communicates, "We’re here and able to accomplish substantially more than what you ever thought possible, and we're going to show you how we're going to get there" (I believe Sandra Opie could speak eloquently as to how this is done while pointing to her accomplishments!). Limited small thinking is unfortunate and deadly. (P.S, Care to share what Jim’s goals are for Allentown and Indi)?

Jim's goal for Mpls was to finish 7th, so they could then go after the corps immediately in front of them. Heard him say it himself that Saturday afternoon before the show.

Jim's goal for Mpls was to finish 7th, so they could then go after the corps immediately in front of them. Heard him say it himself that Saturday afternoon before the show.

Unfortunately, that's ancient history and isn’t what I was asking about...I was asking (if known) if White Russians (or anyone else for that matter) knows what Jim's goals are for Allentown and Indi?...I'm guessing that information is a little closer to the vest, but it doesn’t hurt to ask!

Unfortunately, that's ancient history and isn't what I was asking about...I was asking (if known) if White Russians (or anyone else for that matter) knows what Jim's goals are for Allentown and Indi?...I'm guessing that information is a little closer to the vest, but it doesn't hurt to ask!

I don't know about Allentown because I heard from a board member on FB about his Minneapolis goal.

But I will keep my ear to the ground on that one. Also, I hope you read my apology a couple pages back Mad75...

want to make sure the air clear. :)

I don't know about Allentown because I heard from a board member on FB about his Minneapolis goal.

But I will keep my ear to the ground on that one. Also, I hope you read my apology a couple pages back Mad75...

want to make sure the air clear. :)

Thanks Nine White Russians, yes I did see what you wrote, we are good!...No worries! A wise man once told me there are two rules in life. #1, don’t sweat the small stuff. And #2, it's all small stuff!

• Like 2

Cool. And on a different note. I see that there still is a healthy gap there between cavies and bluecoats tonight, and cavies held in the 82 range. Hopefully the men of Madison can tweek a few things to stay ahead. Crown jumped back in the lead, so that's interesting. I am pulling for them to get their first championship!

• Like 1

Keep pushing Corps of Brothers!

Oh, and for fans and alumni, I don't know if any of you knew this, but one

of my little side hobbies, is writing short "drills" over on http://www.micromarching.com

My latest offering is a tribute to this year's Scouts show, and I titled it "Lone Survivor" based on the book that Jim Mason read that inspires the 2013 show. Hope you guys like it:

http://micromarching.com/show/3xp7/lone-survivor

• Like 2

Hoping all Madison supporters on this forum read the thank you letter to the Madison Scouts (from a former member of the military)...it is listed as a separate topic under the World Class discussions. This gentleman sums it up. This is an epic show and has touched the hearts of so many of our military personnel...not to mention civilians. I'm so tired of hearing about the top 3 corps...enough! DCI fans...are you not astute enough to recognize the depth and emotion of this program? And judges...I can ask the same about you.

• Like 4

Hoping all Madison supporters on this forum read the thank you letter to the Madison Scouts (from a former member of the military)...it is listed as a separate topic under the World Class discussions. This gentleman sums it up. This is an epic show and has touched the hearts of so many of our military personnel...not to mention civilians. I'm so tired of hearing about the top 3 corps...enough! DCI fans...are you not astute enough to recognize the depth and emotion of this program? And judges...I can ask the same about you.

Bravo Magbo!!!!

This show touches almost everyone in the United States, vets, military, civilians and especially those of us that have sons and daughters in the military today. Only Madison can do a show like this and make it believable. I have to admit that I have tears in my eyes every time they play "You'll Never Walk Alone". It is a great tribute to our military and says a lot about the character of our nation. Placement be ######, this show is epic and I join Plan9 (another thread) in saying thank you to the Madison Scouts for having the courage to present it.

• Like 4

This show touches almost everyone in the United States, vets, military, civilians and especially those of us that have sons and daughters in the military today. Only Madison can do a show like this and make it believable. I have to admit that I have tears in my eyes every time they play "You'll Never Walk Alone". It is a great tribute to our military and says a lot about the character of our nation. Placement be ######, this show is epic and I join Plan9 (another thread) in saying thank you to the Madison Scouts for having the courage to present it.

I completely agree! I loved every minute of it and so did the audience.

• Like 1