The Safety of Children.

Not only am I not religious, I'm agnostic. On top of that I'm gay.

All that said, if a religious organization chose to sponsor a corps, like the CYO in the Good Old Days, I don't see a problem with that. It's just a matter of disclosure: if I know a corps is going to expect me to attend services every Sunday, or bible study etc., I'll just choose to go elsewhere.

I recall reading a member blog a few years back where the author found a local church whenever possible on Sundays during camp and tour. I think it's commendable that corps attempt to accommodate those who might want to worship as they please. As much as I don't want someone evangelizing me, I do want that person to have the opportunity to spend an hour honoring their beliefs in church whenever possible.

Dang I like this.... For the record I'm Lutheran and don't like anyone evanagelizing me either.... Also for the record I marched with BigW and we had a wide range even for a Sr corps because we were about half HS/College age (not as common as today). Bottom line was we were here for the corps and if you didn't like the person next to you for whatever reason, you either shut the Hades up and dealt with it or you left. Had a real life lesson as one of our wildest looking members (nickname Wolfie cuz he looked like the Wolfman) was one of the most giving and caring... LOL, I broke up with my girlfriend at the time because she couldn't believe that someone who looked that wild was not evil. "You KNOW that person"... "That person is my FRIEND"..... ya get da idea...