DCA Medals

Reminds me of the pics from 2005 when Bucs won everything....twice. Three DMs couldn't carry them all.

2005 Finals at Scranton: The Night Of Endless Awards. :w00t:

Between the caption awards, subcaption awards, the "special awards" for seemingly everything, and the American Legion awards on top of all that... there was a point at which I wondered if we would actually get out of Scranton before Christmas. :tongue:

2005 Finals at Scranton: The Night Of Endless Awards. :w00t:

Between the caption awards, subcaption awards, the "special awards" for seemingly everything, and the American Legion awards on top of all that... there was a point at which I wondered if we would actually get out of Scranton before Christmas. :tongue:

Sounds like it WAS Christmas!

My thoughts too. Sure you have the memories and dont need a medal to remember but to be able to display your efforts forever...thats worth a few bucks for sure.

I have a championship patch for the first 5 DCA wins I was a part of, got medals and patches for the other 4. To be honest, the knowing smiles when I see people I marched or taught with is really all the display I need.

I have a championship patch for the first 5 DCA wins I was a part of, got medals and patches for the other 4. To be honest, the knowing smiles when I see people I marched or taught with is really all the display I need.

Everyone treats it differently, respectfully so. It would just be nice to have that option available for those who want that kind of keepsake. I know I would if I finished top 3 in a Championship of any kind.

Edited by skeptic

This may have been asked and answered before, but what year did the practice of awarding gold medals to the winners of DCA begin? I think it's a great idea, personally, and I wish it had been in place, "way back when." A very cool memento of a tough achievement.

Just curious.

John pretty sure I have one from 84 & 85 so I think it goes back to the 80's

John pretty sure I have one from 84 & 85 so I think it goes back to the 80's

91 was the first one I received from I & E's

If I win the lottery this week I'll buy the medals for 2nd and 3rd place! I really think that every member of every corps deserves a medal. The quality of DCA corps is much higher than ever before!!!