DCA Annapolis Predictions

Hi, lemme dispel this rumor yet again. Bucs did not absorb Westshore. At best maybe 20 people from a corps of about 100 in 1997, full 128 in 96. They got some percussion staff, maybe 3 brass, 2/3 guard and some percussionists. There was no wholesale run to Bucs after the 1997 season when Westshore went down. The only place to find the majority of the members was in the stands or at a backyard BBQ.

and as a former staff member Bucs.....the pay aint exactly what you think it is.

What Jeff said.

Well . . .

I had moderate success with my early Top Ten prediction. I DID pick the winner! That was tough wasn't it? Congratulations to the Buccaneers on another dream season. Heard they started work today on that missing .97!

Thanks to everyone for joining in the fun with your picks. Let's do it again next year.

:smile:

My 2012 predictions:

Open Class: Buccaneers

Class A: Carolina Gold

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

• Like 1

Cabs (for example) in 2004 went to Waverly, Hershey, Endicott and Syracuse.

In 2005-2008 they went to either Rochester or Syracuse in addition to DCA.

Since 2008, they havent been outside the radius even once in a complementary situation (other than DCA).

That's a long time.

I know it was mentioned earlier but traveling to Massachusetts every year should be considered outside their radius.

Personally, I would like to see them stop hosting the Kiwanis show in August and do something different that day. That show is probably the worst on the schedule honestly. Then again, it's not like there are other shows going on that day anyway.

I would love to see them travel down south once a year.

Edited by androidx2

The post reads "outside their radius in a complementary situation" which, cleary, Mass is NOT (a complementary situation). Everyone goes there, like they do Scranton. There is no give and take, or reciprocation which is the point (often missed here on DCP as threads get pulled apart for every piece of syntax rather than for their merit or as a means to generate dialogue). Thank you for pointing it out a second time, though the post addressed that ahead of time.

I know it was mentioned earlier but traveling to Massachusetts every year should be considered outside their radius.

Personally, I would like to see them stop hosting the Kiwanis show in August and do something different that day. That show is probably the worst on the schedule honestly. Then again, it's not like there are other shows going on that day anyway.

I would love to see them travel down south once a year.

Just remember, in order to avoid permanent retinal damage, the American Society of Ophthalmologists recommends that you not look at Fran and Tony standing together without eye protection.

devil.gif

Flip C2 with Kidsgrove in Open and Govies with Gold in Class A and I had it right! Probably the closest I have ever been :tongue:

I overscored KS and Renegades and came within a few tenths on several.

If you got it THAT right, I think you win the pool.

How much was in it? Just my 10 bucks???

i can mail you the check....or we can go double or nothing on 2013 :)

Flip C2 with Kidsgrove in Open and Govies with Gold in Class A and I had it right! Probably the closest I have ever been :tongue: