What if

Frankly, I think Drum Corps has a bit more class than to base their shows on a bunch of hip thrusts and spread thighs.

Ummm. That was a very colorful way to describe that video.

P.S. I wonder if they'd let a boney old woman like me put on one of those little getups and do some of that dancin' with them? I think I'd fit right in. Maybe next time you go to one of those shows Mr. Boo you could get me in? Heck, maybe you could put one on too and we could show them some of our moves.

• Like 6

Ummm. That was a very colorful way to describe that video.

P.S. I wonder if they'd let a boney old woman like me put on one of those little getups and do some of that dancin' with them? I think I'd fit right in. Maybe next time you go to one of those shows Mr. Boo you could get me in? Heck, maybe you could put one on too and we could show them some of our moves.

Granny: At our age, our moves would be banned in 37 states. Only The American Chiropractic Association would support our effort, knowing we would pay for their new headquarters if we tried that sort of thing.

And as boney as you are, I'm fluffy. We just wouldn't be paired properly. Plus, they'd have to wheel you out and tow me along. It just wouldn't be a pretty sight.

Didn't we learn anything from that re-creation we did of the Justin Timberlake/Janet Jackson Super Bowl production?

• Like 3

Didn't we learn anything from that re-creation we did of the Justin Timberlake/Janet Jackson Super Bowl production?

You mean a couple of boobs showing up unexpectedly ?

• Like 3

I think that there are 3 distinct styles of marching when it comes to college bands, and most high schools follow suit (with the exception that no High School experience will compare to College, and no Drum Corps experience compares to the other two in anyway etc).

Militant Marching Technique: I'm still a fan of technique, snaps and statuesque posture. Horn snaps, pivots that burn holes into your shoes, shakos (head gear) that cover your eyes, etc. But I'm such of fan of this because it is what I was taught and what I marched, and what I taught as well.

East Coast College Technique:This is just the title I'm giving it. Basically, what we see in the video here...a lot of dancing, a lot of laid back body movements with that strong hint of uniformity (flanks, etc). Maybe (my personal opinion) this is why I prefer screamer trumpets that can play amazingly from a perfect posture to the box, than those that bend and contort in all directions. It would fall under this relaxed category I'm not used to. Is it entertaining? In it's own rite, yes.

Traditional Marching Technique: Similar to the first one, this will be more common with parade bands, from the high step (or almost straight legged kicking) technique to the carriage and use of military batons/maces.

I find them all entertaining in their own way. You'll definitely find mix and match of all of these techniques, and of course drum corps is no exception. Should something like this become part of drum corps? You'll get nothing but opinion...personally I like drum corps for what it is, as I like college band for what it is. But then again, who knows what will happen in the future. We have people laying down on the field now. So it's possible something like this may eventually find it's way in, like in the lot or something.

• Like 1

You mean a couple of boobs showing up unexpectedly ?

I've seen this type of post from you at least a dozen times since I joined DCP.

Agree with him or not, this type of post is why ya' gotta love that Brasso is on DCP.

Perfectly timed, poinantly pointed, dry as a 007 martini, and based in a twinge of truth.

:thumbup:

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1

Only if you get a sex change sir!

Edited by Ghost

Everything about that video and style of marching band is complete crap.

Would you be willing to go there and tell them in person? :ph34r:

• Like 1