2012 DCA World Championships Prelims

Thnks...true no lightning...with Ernesto.

Ernesto...still reigns (or is it 'rains'...sorry..lol) as the 'worst' dca weather ever !!! Actually surprised they didn't call that one. Members of corps were completely soaked...head to toe....with the wind..the chance of hypothermia was very high....much more likely than lightening striking someone....

I was in Cab's in 93....had both prelims and finals on Sunday due to rain on Saturday.....no one wants to do that...believe me. The longest drum corps day Ever !! :w00t:

(It was like for years - Prelims during the day, Finals that night)

Let me remind everyone that a noise ordinance is not exactly a capitol crime.

Actually its a possible $500 fine and a misdemeanor in Annapolis Maryland

http://www.aacounty.org/News/Archive2007/NoiseLevels.cfm

I feel certain any misdemeanor citations that may or may not be given out would be terminated long before the court date or on the court date.

#1 Could that be $500 PER corps? Or maybe $500 every time you ignore the police request?

#2 According to the article, it would only have influence over DCI.....note "emphasis on AMPLIFIED music." Serves them right !

Come ON, folks! Let these poor souls go back to their hotel, dry off and get something to eat!

Couldn't agree more. The seeding as stands is still fair. Any of the top 3 could blow the house down tomorrow and move in the standings. Tonight's performance won't do much but give the corps another judges read. They likely won't make changes at this point anyway.

(It was like for years - Prelims during the day, Finals that night)

very true......

Couldn't agree more. The seeding as stands is still fair. Any of the top 3 could blow the house down tomorrow and move in the standings. Tonight's performance won't do much but give the corps another judges read. They likely won't make changes at this point anyway.

It could actually negatively affect their performance - and their Placement - at this point.

MBI at least has sitting in wet uniforms for about 3 hours...

How fair would it be for these three to DROP in placement because of this?

The word just came in...We're on in 10 minutes with MBI.

• Like 2

The word just came in...We're on in 10 minutes with MBI.

YAY!