Chord Sequences?

Chord sequences, whether in the lot or as an on field warm up have always been one of my favorite parts of the marching arts activity. Are there any particular sequences that stand out that you've liked more than others? A common one now with marching bands is F Tuning in Bb.

Actually, Blue Devils Space Chord sequence (usually ending in the same progression) has always given me goosebumps. Although I have my opinions about their field music, I will always love their arc stuff.

Any thoughts?

While you discuss, feel free to help yourself to this alternate scale sequence, in A flat, compliments of Hans Maestro Music! :thumbup:

My favorites are ones that I used when I marched, and 'Thumbs' used by the Bluecoats.

The two I used most often were Bb(unison)-Bb(1+5)-Eb(1+5)-Fsus4-F-Bbmaj, and Bb(unison)-Bb(1+5)-Gbmaj(Everyone except Mello have 1 and 5, Mello has all chord tones)-Abmaj(Same as last chord)-Bbmaj

Concord Blue Devils.

F Tuning.

/thread

• Like 4

Chord sequences, whether in the lot or as an on field warm up have always been one of my favorite parts of the marching arts activity. Are there any particular sequences that stand out that you've liked more than others? A common one now with marching bands is F Tuning in Bb.

Actually, Blue Devils Space Chord sequence (usually ending in the same progression) has always given me goosebumps. Although I have my opinions about their field music, I will always love their arc stuff.

Any thoughts?

While you discuss, feel free to help yourself to this alternate scale sequence, in A flat, compliments of Hans Maestro Music! :thumbup:

I like the Blue Devils, Cadets chord warm ups, and I one from the Cavaliers. But actually, those are the only ones I've heard lol. I haven't really heard chord warmups from other Corps because I'm always either inside the stadium or watching the drums.

• Like 1

Phantom's final progression in 2003.

"Pants" by Bluecoats. Still can't think of anything surpassing that. Thumbs doesn't have the mellos going to the high C, and that kills me.

This is called "Pants"? I never knew it had a name. We played it back when I marched. I want to say Doug Thrower brought this to the corps, anyone remember for sure?