DCA I&E Mini Corps judging

The real audience for this discussion has been here the whole time taking it all in. When the time comes to put the cards on the table, I'd be aware of insulting their intelligence; showing up with a smile as if they weren't in the loop.

I covered a lot of ground with my StarU post...even called them a freak show and a Frankenstein...out loud. Said they did stuff without really asking; May have taken things too far. No one agreed. No one disagreed.

So its still the white elephant in the room.

It gets pretty sensitive to talk about the Star thing, I get it. I can pull it off for a couple of reasons, but mainly because I am confident that my friendships there arent going to be hurt by a little honesty. In fact, those friendships demand it. They wouldnt be friendships without it. Can we at least be honest with ourselves and decide what this is really about, rather than pussyfooting around about tapes?

Maybe I'm off base. I dont think so. If I am wrong about it, I dont mind standing corrected and apologizing.

I for one hopes Star shows up next year and plays "Dont Let The Sun Go Down On Me", with the Edge showing up from behind the curtain as Elton John to their George Michael. I'd want to hear that judge's tape, trust me. :blink:

Edited by wishbonecav

I have to put in a disclaimer that I am and have been speaking for myself and not the Ghost Riders.

It isnt about the tapes to me at all...I have said that over and over. I dont want those guys to design my show. They dont know the players and schedule. It is about losing performing acts and the Fraternity that is now missing amongst the mini corps that competed and then hung together.

Donny

Absolutely all about the fraternity! Donny for President!

A little competition on the side doesn't hurt either! Forget about the rest!

""

Edited by wishbonecav
  • Like 1

Talkng about scores and placements and tapes just cheapens the whole thing.

I just don't understand why it is so hard to think that mini corps can't have the same sort of passion for competition as do the field corps,.................I could never say the statement above about Buccs, Cabs, Empire, etc,........

The real audience for this discussion has been here the whole time taking it all in. When the time comes to put the cards on the table, I'd be aware of insulting their intelligence; showing up with a smile as if they weren't in the loop.

I covered a lot of ground with my StarU post...even called them a freak show and a Frankenstein...out loud. Said they did stuff without really asking; May have taken things too far. No one agreed. No one disagreed.

So its still the white elephant in the room.

It gets pretty sensitive to talk about the Star thing, I get it. I can pull it off for a couple of reasons, but mainly because I am confident that my friendships there arent going to be hurt by a little honesty. In fact, those friendships demand it. They wouldnt be friendships without it. Can we at least be honest with ourselves and decide what this is really about, rather than pussyfooting around about tapes?

Maybe I'm off base. I dont think so. If I am wrong about it, I dont mind standing corrected and apologizing.

I for one hopes Star shows up next year and plays "Dont Let The Sun Go Down On Me", with the Edge showing up from behind the curtain as Elton John to their George Michael. I'd want to hear that judge's tape, trust me. :blink:

here's my thoughts on Star....if the rules said you can't do it, then what's the issue?

can or can't do what?

right. read Joeys post

Edited by Jeff Ream

read Joeys post

Now that narrows it down a bit. :lol:

""

Edited by wishbonecav
  • Like 1