Corps Necklaces in DCA?

Atlanta CV gives a smaller version of the star worn on the uniform. Five-year members get a gold star for their uniform.

Edited by Tyler C.

In 2010 we (Alliance) started selling pendants, basically the corps logo.

At the Hurricanes, we have a lightning bolt pendant that we give to every member. As well as two colored beads (one for each side of the pendant) that represent every year of participation in the organization!

2003 Cabs percussion all received a link from the same chain.

The Blousemen receive an ankle bracelet with a charm for each year they're in the corps.

Pootsmen receive No Friends!

I am a member of Carolina Gold, and we do. I can't speak for other DCA corps, but we get a necklace and a bead to signify membership and how long we've marched.

That's really cool wasn't aware that Gold has necklaces. Back in 05 and 06 when I was involved with the corps, we received membership pins, not necklaces. Do you know when the corps started doing this?

That's really cool wasn't aware that Gold has necklaces. Back in 05 and 06 when I was involved with the corps, we received membership pins, not necklaces. Do you know when the corps started doing this?

The necklaces began in 2010. Each new necklace comes with a gold ring and a show bead for that season. Subsequent show beads are earned as you march each season. As was mentioned before, gold and silver beads are earned if you stick around a while. Section beads are thrown in the mix as well. The yearly membership pins are still a tradition. :thumbup:

The Hurricanes present their members with a lightning bolt necklace. You get two beads (one for each side of the lightning bolt) for each season you march. The beads alternate in color (green, white, black).

Also, the Corps gives 5-year pins and 10-year rings to honor members for their years of service. The rings come with 2 diamond chips, each chip representing 5 years of service. Members can submit their ring to have additional chips added.

• Like 1