Corps Necklaces in DCA?

I know a lot of junior corps have corps necklaces to represent their membership or the number of years they marched, but do any DCA corps have something like that? I don't know of any myself, so I was wondering.

Can't speak for any but my own team. But the Buccaneers receive a custom dog tag at finals that represents the season. It's the most valued "prize" of all! I've got 6! (not even close to the most on any person on the field Sunday :) )

1346947020[/url]' post='3215903']

I know a lot of junior corps have corps necklaces to represent their membership or the number of years they marched, but do any DCA corps have something like that? I don't know of any myself, so I was wondering.

I am a member of Carolina Gold, and we do. I can't speak for other DCA corps, but we get a necklace and a bead to signify membership and how long we've marched.

Of the three DCA corps I have marched (Chops, Govenaires, MBI), only Chops does member necklaces. Basically one or two beads per year based on section and/or role in the corps, all color-coded. I have 9 blue, 1 green, and 1 silver, bookended by a C and a music note.

Legend gave stars for each year marched.

Legend gave stars for each year marched.

Ive still got one of the original wood ones from 04 and 05.

Also have the one from CV 2009

Carolina Gold does a "gold" ring with different colored beads for section and show year. You also get variations of gold and silver beads if you march 3 yrs, 5 yrs, and 10 yrs. We only have one member that has marched with us since our very first year in existence.

Yeah, the Cabs Alumni were going to make up such a necklace for George Hayek, but it was felt that the incredible weight would cause him back problems. :rolleyes:

• Like 1