Blue Stars announce 2013 Design Team

Everyone is really excited; good things are in store for the Blue Stars. Hornline turnout was fantastic and everyone loved working with the new brass staff. Each section was above capacity. I'm not too sure about percussion or guard though.

Percussion, both battery and front ensemble, will be quite good. I am quite impressed with the instructors. Love the brass guys too. And Michael Shapiro is back for colorguard. Everyone in the corps is very excited for this show.

---tom

Percussion, both battery and front ensemble, will be quite good. I am quite impressed with the instructors. Love the brass guys too. And Michael Shapiro is back for colorguard. Everyone in the corps is very excited for this show.

---tom

Hopefully I'm a part of that front ensemble next year. :smile:

The concept is interesting, to say the least, and is really dark compared to past shows. Russ, the director, said that they'd be announcing the show in about 2 weeks, at the last camp.

Is the concept dark or does the music just sound dark? Sometimes the way Saucedo writes can make a part sound darker than it is because of all the open 5ths that he writes in his chords.

Is the concept dark or does the music just sound dark? Sometimes the way Saucedo writes can make a part sound darker than it is because of all the open 5ths that he writes in his chords.

It's actually both. The concept is definitely dark. As for the music, it has some serious dissonance and an uneasy feel to it at times; there's a lot of interplay from triple to duple. But it's just amazing. Saucedo really outdid himself with this one.

Percussion-wise the Blue Stars have had some very tasty licks and grooves the past few years. As long as that continues in that area!!!

• Like 1

Percussion-wise the Blue Stars have had some very tasty licks and grooves the past few years. As long as that continues in that area!!!

Well looking through the staff list and seeing the guys from Pulse on there make me think this trend will continue!

Quotes from Blue Stars Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/bluestars

from Yesterday:

"Tomorrow:

You better stop the things you do.

I ain't lying. No, I ain't lying."

I Put a Spell on You

from Today

"Oh yeah yeah, and you smile, you smile

Oh, and then the spell was cast"

At Last