Blue Stars announce 2013 Design Team

Speaking of Saucedo's "original" stuff, I think Frameworks in '02 was a little too float-ey and concert band for drum corps, but Spin Cycle in 2003 has *really* grown on me over the years. (Can't count '01 - it was based pretty closely on existing works.) I look forward to seeing what he can do with Blue Stars!

Mike

I am quite impressed with this groups of instructors, having watched them at last weekend's camp. Excellent teachers. I am looking forward to this show.

---tom

Are the members excited? How has the turnout been?

Are the members excited? How has the turnout been?

Everyone is really excited; good things are in store for the Blue Stars. Hornline turnout was fantastic and everyone loved working with the new brass staff. Each section was above capacity. I'm not too sure about percussion or guard though.

Speaking of Saucedo's "original" stuff, I think "Frameworks" in '02 was a little too float-ey and concert band for drum corps, but "Spin Cycle" in 2003 has *really* grown on me over the years. (Can't count '01 - it was based pretty closely on existing works.) I look forward to seeing what he can do with Blue Stars!

I love "Spin Cycle". More like that, please!

Everyone is really excited; good things are in store for the Blue Stars. Hornline turnout was fantastic and everyone loved working with the new brass staff. Each section was above capacity. I'm not too sure about percussion or guard though.

Someone I know told me the vet retention was VERY high as compared to the last few years, really looking forward to a show announcement.

Someone I know told me the vet retention was VERY high as compared to the last few years, really looking forward to a show announcement.

The concept is interesting, to say the least, and is really dark compared to past shows. Russ, the director, said that they'd be announcing the show in about 2 weeks, at the last camp.

From what I heard from someone in the audience during their ensemble at the end of camp - This show will be something completely different, and very dark.

They said the drumline is already sounding incredible, and I can believe it with the new staff. Also heard there are some interesting pit effects taking place (but don't want to spoil any surprises by saying what).

I look forward to seeing this show being announced soon hopefully, because it sounds more along the lines of Houdini than anything.

Edited by MarchandPlay