Instructional brass/hornline videos?

Check with Crown....they have a couple of real good videos done by Matt and Ben Harloff!!

The Blue Devils did a WONDERFUL video a few years back called "Dynasty of Brass." Not only do they let you inside the arc through recordings, but they also talk about all the exercises. You also get a PDF of all the warm-ups they used on the DVD.

I wish more corps did stuff like this.

I haven't seen the Harloff stuff, but if I find it, I will be excited, they're brilliant.

Thanks for that Crown practice video. I would like to show it to my fifth-graders! Love the matching section shorts... nice touch.

The Blue Devils did a WONDERFUL video a few years back called "Dynasty of Brass." Not only do they let you inside the arc through recordings, but they also talk about all the exercises. You also get a PDF of all the warm-ups they used on the DVD.

I wish more corps did stuff like this.

I haven't seen the Harloff stuff, but if I find it, I will be excited, they're brilliant.

Dynasty of Brass by Blue Devils.

When my then 5th grader son was learning trumpet, I bought DoB and played it loud over home theater and my son improved by leaps and bounds, and his tone went from all over to right on the money. If you ever go on youttube from the early 2000's you will hear many BD warmups which are on this video, including F tuning (Bb tuning with the new trumpets on this DVD.)

Here are a couple (there are 16 exercises) which take you through slurs, etc. These are right off the DVD and you get all the written music for each one on PDF format.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOZyhu3Z-BE

You can switch to different audio tracks so you can hear ensemble, trumpets only, low brass only, and full ensemble with a voice track with Wayne Downy explaining what he wants from each exercise.

HIGHLY recommended and any drum corps fan would really enjoy this.

Edited by wvu80

The Breathing Gym

The Cavaliers have a DVD for sale called

"From the concert hall to the field" or something like that...

Their brass staff talk about how they take ensemble concepts from indoors and apply them to the outdoor activity. Lots of interview, exercises, rehearsal footages.

The DVD is more like an instructional video for future educators, not just fans. Very detailed.

A real hands on "day in the life of a brass staff"