Jeff Prosperie

Why? For what? he said he wasn't injured and If I'm not mistaken it would be against army rules to do so.

He was injured, but they were minor. He was *very* lucky. I'm not so sure he can't sue or press for a settlement...Army regs may or may not apply to a civil suit in a case like this.

Edited by Kamarag

Why? For what? he said he wasn't injured and If I'm not mistaken it would be against army rules to do so.

Because he was hit with an axe by some jacka-- who had no business throwing one outside of trying to look cool.

I'm not saying he should go for attempted manslaughter, but c'mon. You're a weekend morning TV host who's got zero experience doing that kind of thing. Logic should dictate that your first attempt at hitting a target probably shouldn't be on crowded New York City streets, especially when other human beings are being taped LIVE in the direction you're throwing.

You're right in that there aren't laws against being an utter moron. But stuff like this makes me wish there were.

ETA: A half-rotation more and this could be a very different, much more depressing, thread.

Edited by chaddyt
  • Like 1

Jeff wouldn't be the one to "go for attempted manslaughter" (if that is even a chargeable crime). The DA would be the one to do that. Also, since Jeff was not injured, on what basis would he bring a civil suit? You can't sue for what might have happened, but did not in fact happen.

I know all about them. Just not used to seeing a person of his stature join.

The Military ( Army included ) is chock full of interesting positions, including that of Professorships, Singers, Dancers, Musicians, Physicians, and about a 100 other interesting positions. My Dentist got his training and degree in the US Army. He's as brilliant as they come, imo... The Military is also a place where those who serve, selflessly chose to serve the public in a real world, public service capacity. Their volunteer Military serve efforts helps preserve the freedoms of their fellow citizens so that they can ( for just one slight example ) dress up in make believe costumes and then go out and toss and spin their lightweight wooden faux rifles etc in the summertime in their Summer Games.

Edited by BRASSO

Jeff wouldn't be the one to "go for attempted manslaughter" (if that is even a chargeable crime). The DA would be the one to do that. Also, since Jeff was not injured, on what basis would he bring a civil suit? You can't sue for what might have happened, but did not in fact happen.

he was cut. how much blood does one require to be "injured"

• Like 2

Obviously I was being dramatic and not suggesting Jeff represent himself. And you're right in that he came out of the incident relatively unscathed. But I would think there would have to be some sort of gross negligence or public endangerment line that this Paul Bunyan wannabe crossed.

Not sure I could just randomly throw circus knives willy-nilly around 6th Avenue and expect not to be visited by the law simply because I got lucky and didn't hit anyone.

Maybe I'm wrong though.

Obviously I was being dramatic and not suggesting Jeff represent himself. And you're right in that he came out of the incident relatively unscathed. But I would think there would have to be some sort of gross negligence or public endangerment line that this Paul Bunyan wannabe crossed.

Not sure I could just randomly throw circus knives willy-nilly around 6th Avenue and expect not to be visited by the law simply because I got lucky and didn't hit anyone.

Maybe I'm wrong though.

You're not wrong. Negligence and/or endangerment are both crimes.

You're not wrong. Negligence and/or endangerment are both crimes.

So could he not sue on those grounds if he wanted to?