Jeff Prosperie

Fox News is an enemy of the United States.... :cool:

Oh God, you're one of those.

Always have been....

Without getting into a political debate - it isn't just Fox News that is the problem. It's ALL of the so-called news media outlets on both sides of the aisle. News media used to be about - you know - reporting the news. Now it's all about generating controversy and ratings. Neither side allow the truth or the facts get in the way of a good story.

• Like 5

Jeff's finals night judges tape for Cadets in 2013 is a fun listen. I can see why he is one of the most respected judges. I don't know him personally but I know several people who do and he is defiitely one of the greats of the activity.

I have only met Jeff once when he was judging a drumline competition my group was at......this was many years ago and it was only in the short amount of critique time ..........but Jeff is an awesome guy.

A few months the school I work at was going to a concert band festival in Washington DC that was sponsored by the US Army. All the groups had to play a specific Sousa march. One requirement was to utilize a "Sousa roll" for all 5-stroke rolls. Have been teaching percussion for a long time and even have a music education degree ...but had never heard of a "Sousa roll". So just by chance...(ok I trolled)...I found his Facebook page and sent him a message asking about the "Sousa Roll"....since he's a member of the Hellcat's I thought it would be good shot. Well within about an hour I got a response with him describing an easily understandable drumline terms what is was, plus a link to a specific page from a book that explained it in even more detail. I was really impressed with that, especially since he had no reason or obligation to have to respond.

• Like 4

Jeff's finals night judges tape for Cadets in 2013 is a fun listen. I can see why he is one of the most respected judges. I don't know him personally but I know several people who do and he is defiitely one of the greats of the activity.

I don't know Mr. Prosperie at all. But...I'd sure as heck like to.

• Like 1

I don't know Mr. Prosperie at all. But...I'd sure as heck like to.

One of the best people I've had the pleasure of getting to know.

• Like 1

One of the best people I've had the pleasure of getting to know.

All of which does little more than further my wish. Besides...I'm sure that he has met (and even judged) with DCI judges whom I know.

Without getting into a political debate - it isn't just Fox News that is the problem. It's ALL of the so-called news media outlets on both sides of the aisle. News media used to be about - you know - reporting the news. Now it's all about generating controversy and ratings. Neither side allow the truth or the facts get in the way of a good story.

winner of post of the decade

• Like 2

Two points:

1. Jeff was injured in the elbow and arm. As he is a professional drummer, a key question is whether this will affect his drumming, and therefor his job. Hopefully any effects will not be long lasting, but we really don't know at all. He said this:

" I am thankful to God that the double sided blade only hit broadside on the outer elbow with significant impact and a couple of cuts as it fell along my wrist. It could have been much worse or fatal. Focusing on full physical and emotional recovery."

Anyone who interprets from this that he was not injured is clearly wrong. Anyone who says the injuries are insignificant to him and/or his career are jumping to conclusions.

2. To those who think a service member cannot sue someone who injures them while on duty, please quote the actual law/rule from which you derive this claim. Otherwise you are inferring this from some other "can't sue" military rules that may not apply here. I would think that somebody can sue people who accidentally injure servicemen, otherwise it would be open season on dangerous (but not deliberate) acts committed around servicemen. My guess is either Jeff can sue or his unit can. I mean, for what purpose would such a bizarre rule be created? How does the military benefit? But feel free to quote the law if you know the source of this. Thanks.

Edited by Pete Freedman

the story got coverage on Comedy Central's The Nightly Show today. Now granted, they took more of a "Fox News is stupid" approach, but they quoted his name and showed part of his Facebook post about it

Mr. Prosperie, if you're reading this, I hope you are recovering fully and will be able to percuss to your heart's content soon.

In the meantime, perhaps DCI can give you some extra walking-around-on-football-fields-with-tape-recorder duties?

Here are some JP videos for those who don't know who he is:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=jeff+prosperie&tbm=vid