If all the Texas talent stayed in Texas

Staff and program wins.

Staff, program and members win. You can write the best show of the season, but if the kids can't achieve it, the show doesn't work.

Okay, say they have the best talent in the WORLD. Who would be the recommended staff to achieve the gold? And if staff is the answer, then why are there judges?

• Like 1

Okay, say they have the best talent in the WORLD. Who would be the recommended staff to achieve the gold? And if staff is the answer, then why are there judges?

The judges are there only to give scores.

For a recommendation of the staff to win, you only need look to the top three or four corps to find them.

• Like 3

Crossmen have an impressive staff and if they keep the talent there then yes, I believe they could put up a real fight to do it.

So, the judges are judging the staffs? and not the members? hmmmm

Actually, it is my belief that increasingly judges are judging the staffs every bit as much as the Corps performers themselves, particularly with the new juding sheets now in place. For example, I am not of the opinion that the Cavaliers of 2012 could not play their brass and percussion instruments, and spin their flags and rifles, dance, etc as well as other Corps that finished above them. I don't believe they had less talent in their Corps as others that finished above them. I believe they worked every bit as hard at maxing out their show and executing it as well as others above them.... and did so. I think their design let them down compared with other Corps above them. The marchers did not design the show. Staff did. The judging sheets are chock full of design element evaluation that has little to do with performance execution points that can be garnered ( or lost ) by marchers. So, " yes ", judges are judging staffs that design these shows and that are beyond the scope of the marchers. And much more so today than in earlier decades, imo.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3