2013 Predictions

I am sure I will get the remarks from people that I just killed the neighbors cat or something but..

Its probably time to mention AGAIN that DCA looks at reducing Open class Finals to the Top 6 or just letting everyone perform at Finals.

Seems silly to eliminate just one corps. Especially since its probably going to be a corps that travels several hundreds of miles to get there.

Although maybe some change should be made. 6 Open and 6 A Class will NOT put fans in the stands. What would be lost from Open (9th & 10th) with, what would be gained from Class A (5th & 6th) might have an adverse result at the GATE. Let's be Honest. DCA Needs All the Money it can get to pass back to the Corps and Pay the Contest location what needs to be paid.

Maybe a: 8 (Open & 4 Class A) being Judged. Then with Open Corps Class 10th Corps giving an Exhibition before Judged part starts. AND, the 9th placed Corps, in Exhibition after the Judged part. Giving the competing Corps time to line up for Retreat and the Judges time to get all the Scores done. I know that still leaves out one or more Open Class Corps not on at the Finals show. But so be it. Yet, the people that PAID still see All the Best that DCA has to offer in both areas.

Just an Idea!

Apologize? Nah.

Sure, there's a chance they could make Class A Finals. Then again, the only time they have as their first year, when there were only three Class A corps (2003).

Look, I'm a fan of Shenandoah Sound. They bring an entertaining program to the field each and every year. But competitively successful? No, they are not. Given their competitive history, the chance of them building a Class A championship corps in 2013 is almost laughable. They have eight appearances at DCA Championships. They were dead last in five of them, and only beat one corps the other three. Not exactly competitive (3rd, 7th, 9th, 12th, 11th, 11th, 11th, 7th since 2003).

Sure, there's a remote chance they could build a solid administrative, educational, and membership foundation and make Class A Finals, but no one I know (including myself) would put any money on that, especially given the quality of Class A corps above them. But to claim they could win a Class A title? Absurd, unless there's a quantum shift in the organization, or several of the corps above them suddenly compete in a different circuit.

Again, I'm just being realistic. I'm a fan. But I'm sure I'll get red-voted anyway :)

John, the way you worded your original reply, it appeared as if you were taking Dick to task for predicting they would win Open Class. That's what it sounded like, to me at least.

I would not put it past Shen Sound to make a run at Class A finals in 2013. In 2012, based on their Prelims score, they moved into the "Class A finals contender" ranks for probably the first time, to be honest.

This is entirely up to them and the fates... but they hopefully are no longer going to be the "nice little corps that scores a 60 or so" at championships.

• Like 2

Really dude? I guess that "many of us" you speak of, decided not to bother with this conversation. If this thread twists your ### so much, why bother following it. Yeah it's October and people are bored. They aren't hurting anyone. I simply was pointing out the fact that Bush was only listed on the first page a couple times and then didn't appear on anyone's lists after that. Then you decide to #### all over everyone having fun here and calling what they are doing "####### stupid". I have been following several conversations on here lately and enjoyed and respected your point of view most of the time. Now not-so-much...

I'm here for comic relief. thanks for providing some

Edited by Jeff Ream

You're the second person to completely miss the point today.

on RAMD we used to say "woosh"

There will be 11, but many are counting Bush out of it, despite the awesome staff additions for 2013.

Who is many, and who actually takes predictions serious before a note has even been played for 2013...........

It's going to be a LONG winter...........

And it's probably time for me to disagree with that again.

That formula in 2012 would have eliminated Kidsgrove Scouts, CorpsVets, Fusion Core and Renegades from Finals. Four corps that gave fans their money's worth.

Then just let all 11 perform at finals. Why just eliminate 1? Seems silly.

Then just let all 11 perform at finals. Why just eliminate 1? Seems silly.

Didn't Bush perform in exhibition before Finals when only 11 corps competed in 2011?

Didn't Bush perform in exhibition before Finals when only 11 corps competed in 2011?

Yes. And the Kilties in 2010 under the same scenario.