2013 Predictions

Who is many, and who actually takes predictions serious before a note has even been played for 2013...........

It's going to be a LONG winter...........

well apparently Al takes them seriously, as I said something similar and he jumped all over me

Then just let all 11 perform at finals. Why just eliminate 1? Seems silly.

Since class is not declared until June, we have no idea who will be where

....also in "97" and "99"; "98" finalist; as far as the 90's

I believe the 1997 and 1999 performances were under the old "10 finalists and exhibitions from the 11th and 12th place corps" format.

In 1997, there were 13 corps in Open Class (first year of Open Class/Class A for DCA)... and all three corps who missed the top 10 were asked back to do exhibitions at Finals.

Since class is not declared until June, we have no idea who will be where.

Which reminds me to ask: how are the corps' classes determined?

Edited by N.E. Brigand

well apparently Al takes them seriously, as I said something similar and he jumped all over me

First I meant many in this thread because there were more predictions without Bush than there were with. Second, calling it silly is fine, calling it ####### stupid is a bit more harsh and what I had a problem with.

I ALWAYS enjoy predictions!

It sure is early to call 2013, since 2013 isn't even here yet! Frankly, it all comes down to 3 requirements. Big numbers at Open House, strong attendance at early practices, and a skilled design/instructional team. For those with the chance, success at Wildwood (or similar) can be a substantial factor, too.

If the Buccaneers put out anything close to what they did last year, I'll pick them to be the 2013 champion .However, whatever corps can beat Bucs early takes the driver's seat away. I gotta believe, Cadets2 will be a top 3 corps. Thinking back how slowly they started last year, and having started with no history, we really need to expect them to do even better as sophomores.

And just to stir the pot, I don't see Renegades performing in Europe next year. I DO hope they're back in the fold here for 2014.

:smile:

• Like 2

First I meant many in this thread because there were more predictions without Bush than there were with. Second, calling it silly is fine, calling it ####### stupid is a bit more harsh and what I had a problem with.

It didn't make a lot of sense to me either. I'm not going to predict the whole of Open Class, but I'd easily have Bush above Kilties, at least until someone gives me a real reason to think otherwise (which I have yet to see).

Which reminds me to ask: how are the corps' classes determined?

size, tho if under 65 members, they can declare Open Class

well, the admins that run DCP seemed to have no issues with it. So until they tell me there's an issue, feel free to hit the ignore button.