Audio/video products

CDUB

I've never gotten an email. They've just always randomly shown up.

I don't recall receiving e-mails in the past, but this year I received TWO-the first was a couple weeks back, and informed that shipments would begin the week of 11/12; the second was yesterday informing me that the Blu-rays would begin shipping after Thanksgiving. I am assuming that the latter was sent because the DCI office was probably getting numerous complaints about orders arriving without the Blu-rays, or people who had ordered only the Blu-rays calling and wondering where their order was. I'm glad for the second one, as I had been wondering when my Blu-rays would be arriving-but in this area, Mr. UPS Man is not the most reliable (wish that DCI gave us the option to use other shippers, but that's a topic for another day).

My order has not arrived as of today and I have not received an e-mail with tracking information. I was concerned because people I thought ordered after me had received their copies before me, so I called. I had a very polite person assure me I would receive my order prior to Thanksgiving and from what I could gather from our conversation, they are somewhat overwhelmed this year with more orders than last year, smaller staff, and that they are doing their best to get the orders out in a timely manner. She also asked if I ordered through the Fan Network. I just clicked what was on the website and assumed it all went to the same place. So my question: Is the Fan Network a separate entity from DCI and do you get faster service?

Edited by Tim K

My order has not arrived as of today and I have not received an e-mail with tracking information. I was concerned because people I thought ordered after me had received their copies before me, so I called. I had a very polite person assure me I would receive my order prior to Thanksgiving and from what I could gather from our conversation, they are somewhat overwhelmed this year with more orders than last year, smaller staff, and that they are doing their best to get the orders out in a timely manner. She also asked if I ordered through the Fan Network. I just clicked what was on the website and assumed it all went to the same place. So my question: Is the Fan Network a separate entity from DCI and do you get faster service?

My guess is that FN orders were probably among the earliest...one of the Fan Network options was to subscribe to FN and include DVD or Blu-ray at certain subscription levels. Many people who ordered with this method most likely did so when they renewed their FN, which IIRC expired at the end of May...so she most likely was trying to determine when your order would have been likely to ship. Unless something has changed this year, traditionally they have shipped based on when you ordered. If you ordered Blu-ray, the e-mail I received yesterday stated those would begin shipping after Thanksgiving.

On the Volume I DVD:

Blue Devils: No edits (The chant is back in on the DVD)

Carolina Crown: The solo in the second movement is from Semi-Finals

Phantom Regiment: No preshow, no other edits

The Cadets: Edits have already been discussed

Santa Clara Vanguard: No edits

Bluecoats: No edits

Boston Crusaders: No edits

The Cavaliers: The laugh voice over/wave in the preshow has been cut.

Madison Scouts: No edits

Blue Knights: No edits

Spirit of Atlanta: No preshow, the first few seconds of the closer (with the 8 Mile quote) has been cut

Crossmen: No preshow, no other edits

thanks for the info... I wonder what place you have to finish to get your preshow on the DVD?

thanks for the info... I wonder what place you have to finish to get your preshow on the DVD?

I'm assuming Spirit and Crossmen's cuts were from copyright issues. As for Phantom, can anyone clarify that?

I've gotten the feeling in the past that they don't always ship based on order date. Last year I waited until the beginning of November to order the Blu-ray and based on the discussions here I was likely one of the first to receive it, even before people who ordered with their FN subscription. IIRC they announced that they were starting to ship something like the Wednesday the week before Thanksgiving week and I had it in my hands on Friday.

And no, I don't live anywhere close to Indianapolis or Iowa or wherever they ship from and I didn't pay for expedited shipping.

I've been dragging my feet this year and haven't ordered yet.

Edited by Beckham

Mine just arrived! (For the most part. The vol. III DVD is is missing, which is pretty amusing considering that was the one item about which I had earlier put a question to DCI, but I just spoke with a customer service rep. who's assured me the oversight will be rectified shortly.) I don't know if it will help others for reference in judging the status of their orders, but I had placed my order on Oct. 17, and I live in Cleveland.

(Edited to fix typo.)

Edited by N.E. Brigand

Still waiting... :sad:

Still waiting... sad.gif

Today could be the day, my friend. Mine is scheduled to arrive today. It looks like we're in similar geographic areas, so I wouldn't be surprised if yours showed up today or tomorrow. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Mine just arrived! (For the most part. The vol. III DVD is is missing, which is pretty amusing considering that was the one item about which I had earlier put a question to DCI, but I just spoke with a customer service rep. who's assured that oversight will be rectified shortly.) I don't know if it will help others for reference in judging the status of their orders, but I had placed my order on Oct. 17, and I live in Cleveland.

That means mine will be coming soon! I can't wait even with all the changes.