What happens next?

Wrold Class will draw more than Open fact. But when you consider Open Championships are held earlier in the week in a destination that isn't Indy and is in fact what...2 hours away?....yeah it will limit attendance.

Wasn't there a time when Open Class Championships were the day of World Class Championships? I think it's disingenuous to stipulate that the main reason for Open Class shows no getting the attendance close to World Class is because of location and/or date. Heck, when I marched the Div. 2 & Div. 3 Champs did exhibition at WC (then called Open Class) Finals and the stand were still more empty than full! Even the 12-10 placing corps at FINALS don't get the crowd that the Top 7 or 7 get!

People who are drum corps fans typically like the higher achieving corps, and the higher achieving corps will always get a significantly higher draw: and that's how it will always be

People who are drum corps fans typically like the higher achieving corps, and the higher achieving corps will always get a significantly higher draw: and that's how it will always be

Mostly agree, which is why the ToC-now-MIMPA series is damaging to DCI as a whole.

Edited by skywhopper

Troopers, Crossmen and Scouts aren't top DCI competitors at this moment and they still capture attention and maybe ticket sales. I don't think it's as simple as a high-ranking score. It's about reputation, perception and a lot of intagibles some of which correlate to score and some which don't.

HH

agree...

i'm just thinking, who are the Blue Devils? They are the most successful DCI drum corps in history. They build on that reputation each year in DCI.

Who are the Blue Devils if they aren't in DCI?

how are they going to advertise? "come watch Blue Devils, we are... *what goes here?*"

agree...

i'm just thinking, who are the Blue Devils? They are the most successful DCI drum corps in history. They build on that reputation each year in DCI.

Who are the Blue Devils if they aren't in DCI?

how are they going to advertise? "come watch Blue Devils, we are... *what goes here?*"

"the most successful DCI drum corps in history". If they split from DCI (not saying they are going to), this statement is still true.

• Like 1

agree... but it seems counterproductive to advertise yourself as the champs of DCI, so come see us in *something that isn't DCI*

Except my guess is that they'd market themselves like 'come see the best marching/music ensembles in the world', not 'DCI champions', at least not primarily.

Except my guess is that they'd market themselves like 'come see the best marching/music ensembles in the world', not 'DCI champions', at least not primarily.

Too bad Queen didn't do a song called "We Were The Champions"... that would be a perfect theme song for the new tour. :tongue:

• Like 1