Carolina Crown 2013

1370966685[/url]' post='3266379']

Or (hard to imagine this, I know) ... they will wish Crown had never elected to put EotB on a football field.

There. Now we have both scenarios covered without assumption. smile.gif

Touché

Here's a better look at the purple bibbers and to the left, we see the DM version.

736740_10201039806373803_564459366_o.jpg

1370956812[/url]' post='3266320']

I will say this: Crown has definitely embraced the lessons the judges (and Blue Devils) have been giving them since 2009

This is exactly what I've been afraid of. sad.gif

• Like 1

Are you saying the CC is no longer the Cream of the DCI teams or are you worried that a certain someones will have no concord because they won't get Sweet Sixteen???

Winning? :rolleyes:/>

• Like 4

By the 3rd time viewing the video I was in awe. The people doing the vocals are quite exposed and so well weaved into the show. Every viewing showed something else even with the lack of a higher camera angle.

The kids performing the vocals are doing an AMAZING job. The professionals who performed EOTB were really challenged by the repetitive-but-not-quite-repetitive nature of the counting. It's NOT easy at all. Additionally their harmony, balance and blend are really outstanding.

I still have the ballad going through my head. The only thing I would want changed right now is the ending of the ballad - too abrupt at the moment.

I'm sure that transition will see a lot of work. A lot of things were being pasted into place just for the preview-show-that-wasn't.

One final thought. This show is "out there" and I feel it will eventually be embraced by many.

It's not hard to like even if the original EOTB is "out there". It's a lot of fun to watch.

Luke....I am your father....come to the dark side! :ph34r:/>

• Like 1

I will say this: Crown has definitely embraced the lessons the judges (and Blue Devils) have been giving them since 2009, while keeping true to themselves. I hope they pull it off with this show. They seem to have all the pieces of the puzzle now to win, at least musically--I can't speak to visuals given the angle of the video, and I know nothing about guard anyway.

Luke....I am your father....come to the dark side! :ph34r:style="font-size: 9pt;">/>

Meh...It's Crown being Crown. They've done Mahler, Van Halen, Brass Band, Elvis Costello...see the pattern?

They zig a lot.

The single consistent element in Crown's programs: they design and perform for the audience first. This year is no different. It's a super audience-friendly show.

• Like 2

Meh...It's Crown being Crown. They've done Mahler, Van Halen, Brass Band, Elvis Costello...see the pattern?

They zig a lot.

The single consistent element in Crown's programs: they design and perform for the audience first. This year is no different. It's a super audience-friendly show.

But why can't you say this about Madison, Cavies, Cadets, Phantom, BC.....they pretty much all do that. Some designs are less successful than others in accomplishing it, but I think they all do it. Right?

• Like 1

But why can't you say this about .... but I think they all do it. Right?

Because I was only speaking about Crown :-) They (both design and admin teams) are pretty up front about this to everyone and IMO it's not just marketing-speak -- they're committed to it.

You can make any other statements about other corps that you care to make. This *IS* the Crown thread, Plan.

• Like 2