Crossmen 2013

I don't think a 2000's staff would try to rewrite a 92 staff's show. It's not happening, nor should it ever happen.

Oh I agree. I was just saying how I think the show would hold up well with today's judges and sheets.

The past five or six years, there have been several attempts to reprise old Crossmen music. It rarely has worked. I like the direction the 2012 show displayed. You could consider the inclusion of a little Metheny as consistent with the old corps image without trying to repeat it.

I just like that the corps is playing music that is accessible to people without PHD's in music theory, which includes me. And I like that it is entertaining and viscerally exciting.

There is no pat metheny this year. I got hold of the music list and am looking fwd to see how chuck puts it together.

Edited by TxBigfoot

Interesting.

Rewinding 1992... always seems to come up. But what rarely comes up is that if Phantom and SCV hadn't been having historically low competitive success that year, the Crossmen would have been 8th. Again.

I loved that performance that night. It's a nice memory. It was a fun night.

As I've said multiple times here, it's now the members of today who get to create their own standards, their own memories and their own legends.

Always a process... 2012 was neither the beginning nor the end. It was a good step forward by an organization that has class, energy, direction and purpose.

enjoy :music:/>/>

Looking back has a tendency to make the forward motion a little less focused.

Looking forward to the next set of challenges!

Chuck

• Like 2

Interesting.

Rewinding 1992... always seems to come up. But what rarely comes up is that if Phantom and SCV hadn't been having historically low competitive success that year, the Crossmen would have been 8th. Again.

I loved that performance that night. It's a nice memory. It was a fun night.

As I've said multiple times here, it's now the members of today who get to create their own standards, their own memories and their own legends.

Always a process... 2012 was neither the beginning nor the end. It was a good step forward by an organization that has class, energy, direction and purpose.

enjoy :music:/>/>/>

Looking back has a tendency to make the forward motion a little less focused.

Looking forward to the next set of challenges!

Chuck

I always love your posts, such an awesome guy!

Official 2013 Crossmen Program announcement via video:

(Great video. A "must watch"

Name of the show: Protest

Featuring:

Prophet Song - Queen

She's Too Good for Me - Sting

The Sound of Silence - Simon & Garfunkel

They Don't Really Care About Us - Michael Jackson

Goodbye Blue Sky - Pink Floyd

We Shall Overcome - Pete Seeger

Find the Cost of Freedom - Crosby Stills and Nash

Some Nights - fun.