Crossmen 2013

I know it may not really be do-able, but I would like to see a reprise of the 1992 Crossmen show!!!

• Like 1

I guess it was '04 when they re-used Puma (the drum feature from '92), and I was over the top excited for it. On the field, though, it kind of lacked... oomph... that the original had. (Well, not to mention the horrible "three camps" stuff inserted into the actual feature.)

I think, in order to pull it off, you'd have to come up with a vehicle that had as much of an emotional punch as the original. Might be easier to do a show with different music, but loosely based on it.

At this point, if it's Crossmen, it's jazzy and it doesn't involve The Planets, then I'm in.

Mike

At this point, if it's Crossmen, it's jazzy and it doesn't involve The Planets, then I'm in.

Mike

If we are talking jazzy, then I think a tribute to the old jazz/big band drummers like Buddy Rich, Gene Krupa, etc., and do kind of a trading 8's drum battle sort of theme.

• Like 1

I know it may not really be do-able, but I would like to see a reprise of the 1992 Crossmen show!!!

Do you really think a show like that would please the 2013 judges?

Do you really think a show like that would please the 2013 judges?

I think it would hold up pretty well actually. I think the design was overall better than last years show, and it would hold up well on today's sheets. Visual and music. Execution would have to be WORLDS better visually. And they would have to play quite a bit more in tune. That drum book is so awesome it should hold up competitively forever.

I don't think a 2000's staff would try to rewrite a 92 staff's show. It's not happening, nor should it ever happen.

If we are talking jazzy, then I think a tribute to the old jazz/big band drummers like Buddy Rich, Gene Krupa, etc., and do kind of a trading 8's drum battle sort of theme.

I hear ya.....Crossmen more like 2011 and less like 2012

How bout a Dave Brubeck tribute :thumbup: