Parades

A couple of very good clips of Phantom Regiment in parades.

(original post edited out due to my remorse and retraction for some things I said and now regret)

Edited by bmjfelts1988
  • Like 7

Just watched the video clips and I also watched the corps that your trying to ##### out, Crown.

As ever, Phantom are doing a stellar performance. That's how they are, impeccable and professional. To us drum corps perfectionists that's the way to go. To the average Joe in the street, its pompous and too regimented. I would guess most people would rather watch Crown as they seam to be enjoying it..... at the end of the day they are getting paid for it, shouldn't they play for the paying audience.

Your plain wrong for calling out a quality organisation like crown for being unprofessional.

• Like 2

I love parades! Kudos to Phantom for being terrific in this one, and I also love that they play traditional marches.

Just don't tell them the drum line goes in the middle. :cool:/>

• Like 1

pompous and too regimented.

Hehehe tongue.gif Also, well-stated one the rest of it.

Coming from a corps that really lets loose and has fun at the one parade we do, 4th of July, I have to agree with Britbones. Parade audiences that aren't involved in band/corps activities have probably seen countless corps and bands doing the same thing, marching by in straight lines playing a march. Nothing at all against that, but I'd imagine it can be a little samey sometimes. The occasional group that doe something different, that gives a more easy-going, loose and fun performance breaks up possible monotony and adds a lot more fun. It also affords the members a chance to relax a little more while performing.

I don't think a single job should really be assigned to every corps in this case. Some, like Phantom, represent the precision and high-class aspects of DCI, while some, like Crown, may serve to show recognition for the audience and show that the groups care about the people watching.

• Like 2

And how do you know the corps are "spitting in the face of those who paid them?" It is entirely possible, even probable, that the parade organizers know what they are asking for, hence why they've asked a particular corps to be in a particular parade and are quite content and even pleased with a corps that breaks "tradition" and... ::EGADS!!::... engages the crowd.

Something a tad off to me anyway to see a corps marching lock step down the street in a perfect military block to an Earth, Wind, and Fire chart.

• Like 3

Hey, all I know about parades are that Surf won drums in Indy last year, and took third in brass... on kazoos. tongue.gif

• Like 2