Drumline Battle and SoundSport

They do.

Well, actually Bob Jacobs does... so, I suspect sites are coming soon.

Anyway, this is cool stuff. This makes it much easier for groups around to world to have an easy point of entry and feel a part of an international community.

Stop making me agree with you!!!

I've seen this from a few posters, and I'm wondering how this would put a strain on DCI? It doesn't seem like DCI is really committing a ton of financial resources to this, units competing are obviously not DCI Member units and thus are entitled to $0 or support. Obviously there are no details on the structure of future events, but this could very well be more of a 'pre-show' type of thing, or something on a small scale for DCI to deal with but could benefit from ten-fold if it brings new folks into the fold (or entices old fans back into the fold via alumni performance groups).

And maybe it won't. I don't think there was enough information provided to say one way or another. I'd like to think that DCI wouldn't take on any additional financial responsibilities that it couldn't handle, so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.

But nothing happens in this world for free, either.

I guess I'm as stoked as anyone else about the possibilities. Good on 'em. But I just wish, when it comes to moments such a this, when you're introducing yourself and the need to be clear about your intentions is at its most urgent, that the PR department wouldn't march into the room and conduct a hostile takeover of the English language:

"We are very pleased to be unveiling DrumLine Battle™ and SoundSport® today, as DCI prepares for its 41st season and its annual summer tour across the United States. In harmony with the objectives of our business plan and our strategic vision for the future, we are focused on creating dynamic opportunities for vast new audiences to engage with our organization and the positive values it represents."

Ugh. Will someone at DCI please launch a search for John DeNovi? Because the cyborgs evidently have taken over his body.

Someone once said, "Breathe, Dah." Simple. Breathe and play. Just play.

Breathe, speak. Just speak, simply.

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman

Or just having a new ensemble without over laping members. More kids being served!

OK didn't think along those lines so this is another idea.... or mebbe something with the alternates...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I guess I'm as stoked as anyone else about the possibilities. Good on 'em. But I just wish, when it comes to moments such a this, when you're introducing yourself and the need to be clear about your intentions is at its most urgent, that the PR department wouldn't march into the room and conduct a hostile takeover of the English language:

"We are very pleased to be unveiling DrumLine Battle™ and SoundSport® today, as DCI prepares for its 41st season and its annual summer tour across the United States. In harmony with the objectives of our business plan and our strategic vision for the future, we are focused on creating dynamic opportunities for vast new audiences to engage with our organization and the positive values it represents."

Ugh. Will someone at DCI please launch a search for John DeNovi? Because the cyborgs evidently have taken over his body.

Someone once said, "Breathe, Dah." Simple. Breathe and play. Just play.

Breathe, speak. Just speak, simply.

Hey, at least he didn't use the terms "synergies," "pushing the envelope, "core competencies," "paradigm shift" or "thinking outside the box."

Hey, at least he didn't use the terms "synergies," "pushing the envelope, "core competencies," "paradigm shift" or "thinking outside the box."

I'VE GOT (Dilbert Buzzword) BINGO!!!!

• Like 1

SoundSport - DCA MiniCorps

Except with the HUGE distinction that Soundsport can use in the competition " any instrumentation " according to its press release.

I have no idea how a judging system, nor a judge, is going to be able judge units in competition with completely disparate instruments, some with guards, dance and choreography, and some with presumably none of this section ensemble, and by choice. But that said, its intriguing and tells me that there are indeed folks in DCI thinking of creative new ventures, opportunities, looking toward the future, etc.. and thinking outside of the box.