SoundSport Shows!

And the first show creator to bring out such a group with a production titled, "Existential Angst and Trepidation: The Music of Alban Berg and the Second Viennese School," will personally receive a swift kick to the backside from me.

Are you kidding me?

That show concept is a stone winner. Think of all the concession sales that will be racked up while that show is being performed. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Are you kidding me?

That show concept is a stone winner. Think of all the concession sales that will be racked up while that show is being performed. :ph34r:/>

What kind of concessions would be sold at these shows?

Soothing food items, to relieve angst.

• Like 1

14 Trumpets

10 Mellos

12 Baris/Euphs

10 Tubas

1 Conductor

1 Synth

1 Concert Perc

1 Drumset

Move and play and ignore the performance space size, play entertaining drum corps music mixed with new, unplayed stuff and get the crowd hooked.

It's coming... ;)

This is cool! You can save a lot of money in a drum corps-esque group if you take out the battery and just use a drum set!

The great thing about being out here is shows can have beer. Shows can even have beer sponsors (if participants are over legal age to buy beer, which is 16 in most of Europe).

Thinking we will put some events like this together in the fall.

BTW - thinking about putting together a group of 30 oboes and a drum machine, doing Safety Dance, just to annoy the DCP crowd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iOUnO-EssI

You underestimate some of us on DCP. Do this Oboe Safety Dance within SoundSport and I will support you and your ensemble with great applause; but attempt placing Oboes in an OC or WC corps show and I will throw many rotten tomatoes!

The only concern I have is 30x30 is a bit small, especially when you factor in 50 people. A 50x70 max size might have been a better call, with the caveat that scaling down in smaller venues is a possibility.

50 performers on a 30 x 30 foot stage is probably unrealistic, unless you're talking about everyone more or less standing and playing. 20 to 25 members is probably the max you could safely fit on a stage that size and still have room for the performers to be carrying instruments and playing/moving at the same time (it's also a number that would make it easier for smaller organizations to compete on equal terms, which should be a goal of this kind of "performer development" project).

I sort of wonder if they mean to say "yards" rather than feet, since I'm not sure you could even physically FIT 50 performers in a box that size (look at a football field, and imagine 50 people with instruments or flags or whatever in between the 45's and between the front sideline and 20 feet in front of the front hashmarks - pretty tight).

Unless you took the Spinal Tap "Stonehenge" approach.

Edited by mobrien