Split, or no split?

The GeeWhizSe7en will not bolt this year. I don't expect DCI to capitulate to their ridiculous demands. This will be a status quo season though I suspect the big moves to occur after finals. With Drumline Battle and Soundsport in the works, it looks like DCI is planning to move in a new direction as well. Should be interesting.

I'm hoping that after this coming weekend, we'll realize that all the corps are still one big not-so-happy and somewhat dysfunctional family with clashing egos, trust issues and a genetic proclivity to risk self-implosion.

In other words, I suspect that what comes out of the Annual Meeting in Indianapolis will be of no discernible difference from what we have witnessed since DCI's inaugural year of 1972.

The Voice of Reason. It's good to see that your dementia hasn't completely set in just yet. ;)

• Like 1

The Voice of Reason. It's good to see that your dementia hasn't completely set in just yet. ;)

Get off my lawn!

• Like 1

How are "MIM" shows any different from the "TOS' shows they have already tried?

The key difference is that for the most part the MIM shows are being run by MIMPA, Inc. The TOC shows were run by DCI.

Plus, they just took several regular DCI shows and co-opted them as "TOS" shows.

What was the ADDED value there?

I dunno. Personally I prefer to see a mix of corps at the shows I go to. Just seeing the top 7 or 8 gets overwhelming fast.

I'm hoping that after this coming weekend, we'll realize that all the corps are still one big not-so-happy and somewhat dysfunctional family with clashing egos, trust issues and a genetic proclivity to risk self-implosion.

In other words, I suspect that what comes out of the Annual Meeting in Indianapolis will be of no discernible difference from what we have witnessed since DCI's inaugural year of 1972.

Completely agree.

Regardless, what's your prediction NOW? Will the G-7 group break off to "do their own thing?" Yes, or no.

I believe they'll do more of their own thing, and we'll possibly even see other corps do more of their own thing as well...whatever each group figures out is their own thing. I don't believe any corps are going to break away from an organization they've each spent decades building up.

As the recent reveal of SoundSport and DrumLine Battle demonstrates, there are still things within the DCI framework that await exploration. As more corps attempt to maximize their individual potential and perhaps turn the current economic challenges to their benefit by exploiting perhaps a more regionally-based tour framework or other competition models, we'll see additional creative developments by individual corps. However, that does not mean an end of DCI, but perhaps a shifting of how we perceive the organization.

As the end of the Mayan calendar didn't result in the earth spinning backwards on its axis and going "poof" in a glorious display of metaphysical angst to the power of several trillion, the success of any new touring or competition models will be an evolutionary move forward and not a cataclysmic exploding of DCI's subterranean headquarters under downtown Indy's Weber Grill.

This is what I personally expect, and if it comes to fruition, the news out of Indy this weekend will be both comforting and somewhat dull. However, I've also been wrong before; but I've never hoped more that my prognostications are correct.

Just what is your day job that you shouldn't quit? :tongue:

Not sure yet!!!! LOL

LOL my old corps called itself a family.... just some days we were the Brady bunch of a group of people from different corps bonded together..... :smile: and some days we were like the Manson "family"..... :blink:

kicker was was one of the drummers was nicknamed "Manson" cuz he looked like Charlie... :shutup:/>

Edited by JimF-LowBari