More SoundSport and DrumLine Battle details released

hahahahahaha

I LOVE how they are playing this up. Love it! I really hope that the Battle Master (lol) is something like the Iron Chef Japanese announcer who really hams it up for entertainment value

Oh, man, I hope you are right. In addition to being a ton of fun, it will have the added feature of driving the drum corps dinos insane.

Winning!

• Like 4

Oh, man, I hope you are right. In addition to being a ton of fun, it will have the added feature of driving the drum corps dinos insane.

Winning!

If SS is the future, and woodwinds are eventually added to the full field competitive units, this dino will be sad to see the era finally end; however I will not cough, sputter, or cuss AS LONG AS the official name changes from Drum Corps International (DCI) to Marching Band International (MBI) so as to reflect the actual and complete morphing of the activity.

• Like 2

I do like what they are doing... fantastic internationally, but..... they've started a war with WGI.

That part ain't good at all.

WGI, cool-factor aside, is only a very small part of the indoor activity. They can easily exist and thrive whether involved in SS or not. The key is the regional indoor circuits, and they are in situation that can only benefit them by jumping in the SS waters.

WGI, cool-factor aside, is only a very small part of the indoor activity. They can easily exist and thrive whether involved in SS or not. The key is the regional indoor circuits, and they are in situation that can only benefit them by jumping in the SS waters.

WGI ..... IS the indoor activity.

As I understand now... WGI and G7 directors has NO IDEA about this initiative until after it happened.

This point is sloppy, amateur and could cause a turf war. DCI will definitely lose here, as WGI OWNS scholastic.

Again, think the concept is great... execution is a bit amateurish, sadly.

• Like 2

hahahahahaha

I LOVE how they are playing this up. Love it! I really hope that the Battle Master (lol) is something like the Iron Chef Japanese announcer who really hams it up for entertainment value

'

Chairman Kaga !!

ironchef.jpg

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

WGI ..... IS the indoor activity.

<SNIP>

This point is sloppy, amateur and could cause a turf war. DCI will definitely lose here, as WGI OWNS scholastic.

WGI doesn't own scholastic indoor any more than BOA owns marching band. It's not even a circuit, just a place to compete nationally...which only a small percentage of scholastic units do. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy WGI a lot, especially the percussion side. But other than as an influential body (like DCI corps influence bands), WGI is by no means where the meat of the indoor activity lies.

WGI should jump on board with DCI on the SS thing, but even if they do not, there won't be much impact either way. The impact, in a positive way, can happen at the LOCAL/REGIONAL level where indoor circuits can expand into SoundSport, providing an additional outlet for scholastic and independent groups, and increasing revenue for the circuits and shop sponsors at the same time. It's win-win.

• Like 1

WGI doesn't own scholastic indoor any more than BOA owns marching band. It's not even a circuit, just a place to compete nationally...which only a small percentage of scholastic units do. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy WGI a lot, especially the percussion side. But other than as an influential body (like DCI corps influence bands), WGI is by no means where the meat of the indoor activity lies.

WGI should jump on board with DCI on the SS thing, but even if they do not, there won't be much impact either way. The impact, in a positive way, can happen at the LOCAL/REGIONAL level where indoor circuits can expand into SoundSport, providing an additional outlet for scholastic and independent groups, and increasing revenue for the circuits and shop sponsors at the same time. It's win-win.

Let's walk through this rationally...

WGI has decades of trust with educators in America. WGI is built on top of the scholastic model.

DCI has stepped on to their turf without even discussion beforehand. This is not cool. It will not be positive in the US, speaking about potential reaction from WGI. DCI is small fry here.

• Like 5

Let's walk through this rationally...

WGI has decades of trust with educators in America. WGI is built on top of the scholastic model.

DCI has stepped on to their turf without even discussion beforehand. This is not cool. It will not be positive in the US, speaking about potential reaction from WGI. DCI is small fry here.

WGI may indeed be upset, but in the long run it's not going to matter much. it's in their best interests to embrace SoundSport, and do it right now. Hell, they should act like they were in on the plan all along, even if they weren't. SoundSport (or something along those lines) has been a long time in coming, it was just a surprise that DCI was the organization with the moxy to start it. WGI should have done it already, at least in the US.

• Like 1

I do like what they are doing... fantastic internationally, but..... they've started a war with WGI.

That part ain't good at all.

You noticed that too.

• Like 1