Do they do this?

I wonder if the people running DCI actually comes in here to Drum Corps Planet? I'd say especially major corps directors, Hopkin (I personally have NO ill will towards him) but there's a lot being said about him; I also think some major people who runs DCI should come in and read some of these threads and find out what people are saying about them, especially on the idea of amps. I saw what was said about DCI now in financial troubles, and maybe they could come in to find out why (i.e. why people are not going to their shows or buying their DVDs as much). And besides, there are all kind of ideas being thrown around from varying perspectives (and some of these perspectives I'm sure are anonymous and anonymous people and-or people who are not using their real names here,as we know says EVERYTHING on their mind and they get to really hear what people think about them). So thus, from a business point of view, Drum Corps Planet would be one of their bases. But, I guess since amps are continuing, I guess they don't come here. But, this is just a thought.

Edited by En929

Certainly some DCI and corps staff read the forums, at least occasionally. George Hopkins, or at least someone the regular posters here acknowledge as him, even posts here from time to time.

Lots of DCI and corps staffers, board members, etc read this board from time to time. For the most part they (wisely) don't participate much, except when they can throw in a helpful response to a question. Garfield's 990s thread got a LOT of attention and posts from various staffers and board members who could clarify certain things.

As mentioned, Hop has an account and has posted a few bits here and there (not lately). I've also seen Chris Komnick post in re the Scouts. I know there are others but they aren't coming to me. And of course, most everyone important in DCI at least *knows* someone who is an active poster here, and so anything major that comes up here does get passed along.

So if your question is, does DCI and the G7 know that DCP is talking about them, the answer is yes. Although I doubt any of them care about particular thoughts from particular posters, particularly since we don't have all the context they do, and I'm sure they're all used to the noisiness of online message boards. That's certainly not a new phenomenon.

Certainly some DCI and corps staff read the forums, at least occasionally. George Hopkins, or at least someone the regular posters here acknowledge as him, even posts here from time to time.

Some of the staff that lurk on here, but don't post, (or don't post often), have been known to tell their marchers not to lurk on here, which is sort of like saying " do as I say, not as I do ".

I see DCP as most beneficial to finding out what the Corps are thinking on here, rather than the Corps finding out what DCP'ers are thinking on here.

Edited by BRASSO

DCP is in no way an honest representation of the fandom.

Maybe.. maybe not. There has been no research studies done for you to validate such a claim.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2