Time to Sell DCI

Whose expectations? How do you figure?

Mike

It was written in the Dead Sea Scrolls. Where have you been? :ph34r:

I would like for Finals to be a traveling event like it used to be. In domes, but different domes.

Or in stadiums/cities that don't need domes (coughcoughSouthernCaliforniacoughcough) :tongue:

What I mean is, yes, domes are awesome in the mid-west, east, south, etc. In Southern CA where it rarely rains that time of year, we wouldn't need it: if they did the rotation, So CA can be the year they could skip the dome.

actually any year past year one is past expectations.

However you continue to duck, dodge, spin, parry and thrust the big questions. You continue to throw around your "expertise" without serious discussion beyond your usual throw #### against the wall and see if it sticks approach.

as Gahfield stated, your belief is DCI can go on as someone's tax write off. Knowing what i do of the business world, that has a very short shelf life. So what then for DCI?

Unless you know of a Warren Buffet type that has billions to play with and doesn't care, just loves drum corps, it's just more of your usual BS

To be kinda blunt, reading his posts reminds me of when Tony Soprano would act scholarly and then remind people that he took a semester of community college. Just a little bit of knowledge/experience make some people believe they know it all & have all the answers...

EDIT

that being said, at least he is throwing out some different ideas, and not just #####ing about electronics or non-G keyed instruments. That at least makes him better than many others around here

Edited by perc2100

hell has frozen over, I agree with Daniel on one point...

finals needs to get out of Indy

I wonder if there is anyone who really disagrees with this. I have to think the ONLY reasons for keeping DCI in Indy are $$$ and logistics (a lot easier to plan for the same thing annually than to move operations around). It's intriguing to me that the two most recent times DCI has partnered up for Finals locals (this and Orlando 96-98) have been pretty underwhelming to many fans

Or in stadiums/cities that don't need domes (coughcoughSouthernCaliforniacoughcough) :tongue:/>

What I mean is, yes, domes are awesome in the mid-west, east, south, etc. In Southern CA where it rarely rains that time of year, we wouldn't need it: if they did the rotation, So CA can be the year they could skip the dome.

no, domes suck.

• Like 1

To be kinda blunt, reading his posts reminds me of when Tony Soprano would act scholarly and then remind people that he took a semester of community college. Just a little bit of knowledge/experience make some people believe they know it all & have all the answers...

EDIT

that being said, at least he is throwing out some different ideas, and not just #####ing about electronics or non-G keyed instruments. That at least makes him better than many others around here

while I agree he isn't #####ing about instrumentation, I recommend you apologize to Mr. Soprano for the comparison, lest you end up underneath Fountains of Wayne

:shutup:/>