Dynasty Horns/Percussion

Look out!! You are not allowed to say anything positive about Dynasty here FYI. Shhh :shutup:/>

D

OOPS!! Sorry, my bad... I guess I shouldn't ask how many championships Blue Devils won on Dyna....oops there I go again!! :lookaround::lookaround::lookaround:

• Like 2

With Glassmen taking the season off, yes, SCV is the only World Class corps using Dynasty. SCVC and I believe Raiders in Open Class are still on Dynasty. In DCA, Reading Buccaneers, Minnesota Brass, Caballeros, Atlanta CV, and Carolina Gold use Dynasty percussion. Buccaneers just set a new record score in 2012 on Dynasty horns and percussion.

Did the Spartans stop using Dynasty?

I've played on these many times unfortunately and they are awful, they are heavy, detune frequently, and produce a muttled sound. There is a reason why they are called "die-nasty". A tuned sound dies off as you play it and they sound nasty lol.

Did the Spartans stop using Dynasty?

Apparently not! An earlier poster was correct in saying that the Dynasty page hasn't been uploaded in a long time, because the Open Class corps I listed were ones who were already on the site. I simply verified those before posting. Thanks for the catch!

Vanguard Cadets are not on Dynasty, at least not Dynasty horns. They switched to Yamaha after the 2007 season.

I've played on these many times unfortunately and they are awful, they are heavy, detune frequently, and produce a muttled sound. There is a reason why they are called "die-nasty". A tuned sound dies off as you play it and they sound nasty lol.

Might want to consider cleaning the horn and setting the valves properly on their guides. :tongue:

Might want to consider cleaning the horn and setting the valves properly on their guides. tongue.gif

Try brand new out of the case. Yamaha and King are far superior.

Try brand new out of the case. Yamaha and King are far superior.

Far? Possibly trumpets. I dunno, I never blamed the instrument for my bad playing. I always manage to make other peoples turds sound great.

Hey, I can make a Dynasty bari sound great... but it take a #### ton more effort than making a Yamaha baritone sound great. Their euphs weren't awful... but it's still a bit away from the Yamaha and King ultimate euphs. Even the Jupiter euph plays better.

You really can make any horn sound great. I can make a Bundy student trombone sound good (up to a point). Dynasty horns are not the easiest horns to play out there. Really makes those BD lines that sounded decent that much more impressive. Although their low brass never really impressed me until they actually switched from Kings. I think the lines since 2010 have sounded much better... I do know that is not all because of the horns. There is other stuff that is going on at BD why they have a fuller sound now. I like it... it's still BD.. not as tinny sounding as before though.

Sorry... got on a little side rant there. I've never played a Dynasty horn that I liked to play on. Not saying you can't sound good on them... I just personally haven't liked them... I thought they were crap compared to other stuff on the market.

• Like 1