Is there anybody.....Out There?

Have to admit, I don't check in here as much any more, but when I do, I notice that there isn't very much "news" from the corps. There's only a handful of corps with anything on the first page and only rehearsal announcements from two of the top 5 open class corps from last year.

It's the dead of winter. We need something to get us through until summer! And make it exciting!!! I don't need to hear about when the water break is at a Sunday practice. Give me rumors and other juicy stuff! :rolleyes:/>

I'm home, but I'm not a corps and I don't have any news to share. :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring

MBI merged with Govies.

Bucs are off to DCI Open Class.

Cadets1 and Cadets2 are trading places.

CorpsVets are now the Corvettes.

Empire is marching 2 corps this summer.

Not really sure why you didnt hear about any of this. I guess you are not looking on the forums hard enough!

• Like 1

Have to admit, I don't check in here as much any more, but when I do, I notice that there isn't very much "news" from the corps. There's only a handful of corps with anything on the first page and only rehearsal announcements from two of the top 5 open class corps from last year.

It's the dead of winter. We need something to get us through until summer! And make it exciting!!! I don't need to hear about when the water break is at a Sunday practice. Give me rumors and other juicy stuff! rolleyes.gif

You bring up a very good point, oldephard. The "off-season" DCP could use a boost. Rumors, and such, can provide that, but that's risky. Like you, I also see a changing DCP. It's a DCP that is much more combative. Over on the DCI side, several threads are less about information, more about the joy of fighting. It's as if no one reads anyone's comments before making their own contribution. Basically, whatever you just posted, is automatically wrong, and I'm here now to set you straight! Whatever happened to adult discourse? Asking for more detail and clarification, BEFORE dismissing someone as unworthy. I am guilty as many others who simply drop out of certain topics because they are no longer worth the effort and stress to continue, based upon the continual "one--upmanship" that goes on here.

Another problem is the tendency of corps management to discourage/prohibit their members from participating here. I never agreed with that. If someone should get out of line, deal with them at that point. Our activity NEEDS a place like DCP. We must do our best to keep it visited regularly, all through the off-season.

I'd also like to see DCP used more often by DCA and each corps as a promotional tool. Excitement must be built over a long period leading up to the actual season. Those early practice photos, video clips are valuable in keeping interest high. I never understood why so many want to keep everything a secret until the first show. Television commercials are run in great repetition for a reason. Selling a product is a continuous effort. Drum corps should be no different. Granted, we mostly rely on volunteers who have real lives to attend to, but this activity needs to find a way for someone from each corps to sit here with a laptop, a phone, some video, etc. and push it out there.

Oh, well. . . .

Now, oldephard, who do you think you are, coming on here to make such an observation? It's not like you say at all! Here's the real deal . . . tongue.gif

MBI merged with Govies.

Bucs are off to DCI Open Class.

Cadets1 and Cadets2 are trading places.

CorpsVets are now the Corvettes.

Empire is marching 2 corps this summer.

Not really sure why you didnt hear about any of this. I guess you are not looking on the forums hard enough!

"Still Looking":

Tony Schlecta to recieve the DCI "Lifetime Achievement Award" as well as induction into the DCI "Hall of Fame".

Ballantine Brewers and Hamm's Indians comming back as junior corps......

Sheridan WY "7th Cavalry" returning to Legion competition....

Fresno Ferns making a Far East Asia tour prior to DCA's....

National Dream Contest to be held in Montana...

Elphaba

• Like 1

"Still Looking":

Tony Schlecta to recieve the DCI "Lifetime Achievement Award" as well as induction into the DCI "Hall of Fame".

Ballantine Brewers and Hamm's Indians comming back as junior corps......

Sheridan WY "7th Cavalry" returning to Legion competition....

Fresno Ferns making a Far East Asia tour prior to DCA's....

National Dream Contest to be held in Montana...

Elphaba

Like the girl in the State Farm ad says... you can't say anything that isn't true on the Internet. :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1

Like the girl in the State Farm ad says... you can't say anything that isn't true on the Internet. :tongue:/>

Bon. Jour.

:tongue:

• Like 2

I'll take advantage of the opening to remind folks that we (Shenandoah Sound) are the only drum corps in the Washington DC/Baltimore region and we are still seeking members in all sections.

If you would like to "tweet...tweet" like the OP mentioned, you can follow us on Twitter @SoundDrumCorps and Facebook.com/ShenandoahSound

Bon. Jour.

:tongue:

"He's a French model..." LOL

• Like 1