Phantom Regiment 2013 (2)

there were no comments to reflect that from the "reviews thread" ....

In Truman's Review thread he has a pic of PR that looks like maybe that is the case, but he didn't say so directly.

In Truman's Review thread he has a pic of PR that looks like maybe that is the case, but he didn't say so directly.

I just watched PR's Allentown performance.

The book didn't close at the end. There were a few changes - most of them involving the EQ. She's more integrated than before and is sometimes brought into the drill. At the end just as the corps forms the dragon, she waves what look like dragon wings. A few speculated that she might become the dragon during the show - that looks to be right.

I didn't realize it was one of the back field conductors that is responsible for portraying the EQ.

One thing I've always liked about this show is the integration of the mystical trees. Their construction and use during the show are very well done.

I wonder if they are going to do anything with that black screen across the front .... or the one in the back for that matter

If I remember correctly, I don't think they added the "stone" look to the wall last year until prelims. So maybe they are going to use the 6th and 7th to finalize those kinds of details. It would look pretty cool and add some atmosphere if they did.

At the end just as the corps forms the dragon, she waves what look like dragon wings. A few speculated that she might become the dragon during the show - that looks to be right.

Man, I am just not digging that.

One thing I've always liked about this show is the integration of the mystical trees. Their construction and use during the show are very well done.

I agree - really well done. And tight "dense forest" drill.

I think it would be a neat effect for the EQ to end up in that "wad" of trees and guard members where the princess comes out at and falls ...

after the "loud tag" have the wicked laugh (for the only time) ... as the guard members to scatter she would be gone ...

while am at it ... maybe they could stand a few of those trees around in front of her "lair" after they finish using them so there is a bit of spooky forest through the show where she emerges again.

No book closing at East. There is new drill for the ending that they did last night at the TOC, but it's not a book closing, yet. They did mention at practice yesterday that there is more to change for the ending, but didn't say what it would be.

Man, I am just not digging that.

It might make more sense if the EQ was walking in formation as the head of the dragon instead of remaining stationary on the 50. Thing is, I think it's the two guard members that walk to the back of the field that are the one's waving the EQ's dragon wings so she probably has to remain still while they do this.

Once the EQ is slain, the two guard members throw blood red banners in the air behind her.

One thing I didn't realize was that the guard does something to their gold flags to turn them red when the dragon is slain. Up to now I always thought it was a new set of red flags.

I think it would be a neat effect for the EQ to end up in that "wad" of trees and guard members where the princess comes out at and falls ...

after the "loud tag" have the wicked laugh (for the only time) ... as the guard members to scatter she would be gone ...

while am at it ... maybe they could stand a few of those trees around in front of her "lair" after they finish using them so there is a bit of spooky forest through the show where she emerges again.

While I like the idea, it wouldn't allow the backfield conductor to be on the podium in time for Nimrod.

I've really tried to love this show since the first time I heard it in November, but it's just doesn't do it for me. There are a few parts that I love, but the whole design package leaves me wanting more. Even though it's been played to death, this version of Nimrod is still the best.

After this season is said and done, I hope that the kids have enjoyed their time together and their performances for the crowds. They're amazing people who deserve wonderful things in life.

• Like 2