Craziest

What were the craziest things you and your corps friends ever did? At rehearsal, on the bus, etc.

Have fun!

" back in the day", ( before DCI) some retreats used to have judges remain behind and they'd be lined up along the sidelines as Corps passed in formation after retreat trooping the stands. One particular Corps, ( not mine ) knowing that this was their last show and would be disbanding , and having felt slighted by the circuit judges all year, played the song " three blind mice " as they marched by the judges, and most of the fans in the stands began chuckling knowing what they were doing playing this. It was rude for sure... but it still was sort of funny in a brazen sort of way.

Edited by BRASSO

" back in the day", ( before DCI) some retreats used to have judges remain behind and they'd be lined up along the sidelines as Corps passed in formation after retreat trooping the stands. One particular Corps, ( not mine ) knowing that this was their last show and would be disbanding , and having felt slighted by the circuit judges all year, played the song " three blind mice " as they marched by the judges, and most of the fans in the stands began chuckling knowing what they were doing playing this. It was rude for sure... but it still was sort of funny in a brazen sort of way.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Many, many, many "craziest things" stories.

None of which I should share on this family-friendly forum. :tongue:

Many, many, many "craziest things" stories.

None of which I should share on this family-friendly forum. :tongue:/>

I've got one involving a garden hose...and you were there. How much therapy did you need after that?

• Like 1

we had a bus driver who during a drive from Canton Ohio to Cleveland Ohio ended up going to Pennsylvania. We were all a llittle confused on the bus when we saw the you are now entering PA signs and there were no other corps vehicles in sight. We showed up about a hour after the rest of the corps. this was 1984

we had a bus driver who during a drive from Canton Ohio to Cleveland Ohio ended up going to Pennsylvania. We were all a llittle confused on the bus when we saw the you are now entering PA signs and there were no other corps vehicles in sight. We showed up about a hour after the rest of the corps. this was 1984

Oh...bus driver stories...reminds me of this one in Garfield...

We were on the way to Miami in 1971 to do a Dolphin/49'er exhibition game just prior to going to Dallas for VFW Nats.

While driving at night we would post a corps member at the front of each bus, sitting on a water cooler, whose job it was to keep the bus driver from falling asleep. Yipes!

We had the water cooler seat also. That person also held your belt as you tried to pee out the door ( before we got new buses with restrooms).

And speaking of water coolers, many members had colds one tour so I convinced the "adults" to put orange juice in the coolers and then later added vodka to. THAT was a fun ride.

Tackle football on the bus. had to touch the "football to either the front windshield or back window to score a touchdown,

Rigging 8 track tape player to run off of 2 car batteries in the racks.

When the truck actually ran, we also loaded luggage in it so that the back bay of the guys bus was empty. Two guys had cut a hole in the floor making a hatch and had put a mattress in the bay for sleeping quarters.

I ran the cigarette consessions on the guys bus. 2 drummers set up a sterno stove on a drum case in the back and open a resturant ( spam and eggs, grilled cheese etc. ) Many times we didn't stop to eat because we always ran late.

Dumping the restroom on the Interstate while driving because some jackass was behind us and screwing with us.

I hated the jerks that blocked the aisle with their hammocks tied from rack to the other so I would cut a slit in the sheet and see how long it took for the swaying of the bus to drop them on the floor.

Always fun to screw with the one idiot who would drop acid on the bus.

IWe stopped at a mall for an afternoon and I bought mice at the pet store and let them loose on the girls bus ( hey not as bad as the jerk who brought his pet snake on tour abd ket it roam the boys bus )

Sitting up as an instructor and watching the sleep walker in the baritone line walk off the front of a stage.

As an instructor, driving the truck, and with the help of CB radio, the 3 buses and I would box in the jackass in the middle of our convoy.

While peeing in the one restroom of a KFC, I noticed a box of tampons, so I took one. Wasn't sure what to do but I knew I'd find a reason for taking it. My enemy, Ted P. sleeping with his mouth open. Add a ketchup and mayo pack and hey Ted, whats wrong ?

There was a Union 76 truck stop somewhere that had a kitchen in the middle with mirror image serving areas on each side. This was not planned but the 2 sets of twins in the corps had paired up with one of each set sitting together on either side. Waitress lost her #### thinking it was 2 people screwing with her and quit.

Drum slings to tie the kid that drives everyone nuts to the seat.

My rookie tour I had to ride from New Orleans to Chicago with a dozen cream donuts "smashed" in my underware.

Union 76 truck stop in Florida. We stop for breakfast. Everyone brushing teeth and using the facilities. We notice Richard's red converse tennis shoes in stall #1. We buy rubbers and fill them with water and bomb him with about 8 of them and leave. Sitting at a table was Richard......ut o....here comes a guy soaked and heads to his table, gets his wife and kids and leaves. I still feel bad about that one.

Of course having the bus shift at the right time so that the exhaust fills the toll takers booth is fun.

I've got one involving a garden hose...and you were there. How much therapy did you need after that?

LOL!!!

Honestly, as a co-founder of the Ski Mask Cadets... which, for all intents and purposes, were Crunchy Frog more than 20 years before Crunchy Frog came on the scene... I didn't require much therapy after the garden-hose thing.

Not saying the garden-hose thing wasn't inexplicably bizarre, because it was. :lol:

• Like 1

........one of many:

Couple guys strained the cover off a sidewalk manhole; had a rookie go down and check things out. The rook proceeded down into the darkness just a couple of steps on the steel ladder, when the guys slide the cover back over the manhole opening..........and then we left. I don't recall any guy returning to get the rook out...as a matter of fact, I don't recall ever seeing that particular rookie again.....hmm? Oh well........ :devil:/>