ESPN Rumours?

I discovered this floating around Facebook today. Given the proximity to April 1st, and the lack of any official word, I am extremely skeptical, but one can always hope... Thoughts?

24315_4965204720636_880204968_n.jpg

hmmm..

Showing finals Live on ESPN2.

Unless ESPN is actually wanting to try to help grow DCI and show finals LIVE (which considering the time length the finals are.. Would be ridiculous)

I don't believe it, It would be awesome, but I don't believe it until I hear an announcement.

From the DCI Facebook:

"@DCI: Current official DCI broadcast schedule. Prelims in movie theaters, semis live on Fan Network, Finals on DVD/Blu-ray."

I'd be concerned if DCI got themselves into another costly contact with a network. Internet streaming is the future of all TV. Fan Network was the smartest thing DCI has done in ages, maybe even ever. Though they would be wise to offer more free content that curious visitors can watch that isn't interviews with drum majors or over-produced "of X-month camp has been our best x-month camp ever!" videos. Maybe some actual clips from shows to give that curious onlooker a reason to pay/learn more.

• Like 1

I do think the market is there for SOME network to pick it up.

Then again, that goes back to my whole idea that if someone tried hard enough, I could easily see a company like reebok, or Adidas actively dabbing their foot in producing products for DCI. (But that is for another topic another time)