Profiles in Brass

HeatherM

Tried sending a PM to Dale and screwed up so will do it here in the "open": Well Dale we did meet kind of. As you might guess from above that was me who said "Get 'em Dale" as you went around the corner. Just so you don't wonder "who the heck was that guy?" :tongue:/>/> Hope to be able to talk for real at a later time.

Yeah, I appreciate the shout out! I wondered who it was, but did not have time to respond. It was fun being anchorman on my side, although the exposure was a bit much. Very cool Skyliner dude to my right, so it was a fun show for sure. They had to really reel us in volume wise because of the setup, but it all worked out nicely.

See you at DCA! :cool:

Yeah, I appreciate the shout out! I wondered who it was, but did not have time to respond. It was fun being anchorman on my side, although the exposure was a bit much. Very cool Skyliner dude to my right, so it was a fun show for sure. They had to really reel us in volume wise because of the setup, but it all worked out nicely.

See you at DCA! :cool:/>

LOL - I was saying a word or two to people I knew as the horn line went by and thought you were someone else at first. Then I realized wrong horn, but the face looked familiar and then I thought of your avatar so spoke anyway. Yeah.. definitely no time to respond. Longest response was Bill Miller (contra) who said "outta my way" and then laughed.

Volume level sounded good for what the corps was trying to accomplish, great show for the corps.

• Like 2

Seriously a shout out to Steve Young for handling the MC duties. :thumbup:/>

I met Steve during our stage setup time earlier in the day... what a good guy!!!

Volume level sounded good for what the corps was trying to accomplish, great show for the corps.

Cool! That horn staff, well really whole music staff, is very good. They worked hard at balance with that spread arc. Glad it came off well. I did get to hear a video of Claire's Song and was surprised how it sounded from the distance. It was over all too quick...

Never heard of Cobblestone so guessing somewhere near downtown York. Weird thing is my one headlight went out Friday morning and I quick made an appt to get it replaced by end of Friday. No way I was going to be anywhere near York or I-83 and have the other one go out.

Still working with leave paperwork this morning as unplanned and my boss was off. :doh:/>

S George Street. nice looking neighborhood actually

Paul and I found a place called Macklin's Cafe, in the shopping center at the end of Hollywood Drive near the school.

It was basically a local version of a Panera/Starbucks type of place. I had the soup and sandwich combo and it was pretty tasty.

Plus one of their homemade cupcakes for dessert. :thumbup:

S George Street. nice looking neighborhood actually

Only problem I saw was some dufus didn't realize the last intersection before the school (Hollywood and Org..somethin-somethin) was a two way stop and not four. He wondered why the car ahead kept waiting and waiting at the stop sign. Then when it was his turn he thought the car coming across was going awful fast so decided to wait for it to stop before pulling out.

Thanks goodness I (oops the dufus) stopped for two reasons:

1) car barreling butt thru didn't have a stop sign

2) car barreling butt was a cop

"Gee didn't make the concert cuz was too busy pulling my Outback out of the cops grill". :doh:/>

Edited by JimF-LowBari

any of me without the pit in the way?

tongue.gif/>

If I was only taller.... devil.gif

(We were sitting UNDER the pit! shutup.gif)

I met Steve during our stage setup time earlier in the day... what a good guy!!!

thumbup.gif Than you for introducing us! worthy.gif